Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback problem with Project Cars 2

Platform
    PS4
    The aggro is never against those who:

Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie10 View Post
    ... just want the game to be excellent and are only trying to find tips about how to make it so - given the complexity.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    You mean gain =100? Shouldn't be a problem if you like strong ffb. It's fine to keep it where you have it right now.
    The behavioural changes come from the flavour, tone and FX.
    I used to have Gain at 100 but then I broke my old T300 so with the new one I'm down to a conservative 65.
    I know there's no ultimate proof, maybe it depends from wheel to wheel you have to be lucky, maybe now with the "forced on" fan I could try to bring it back to 100 but at the moment I can't afford the risk damaging another wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    See, you can change the settings to make all the cars feel similar.

Chase your tail every time you switch cars.

I stick with my settings across all cars and tracks, because consistency/ predictability.
    HK I have tried your settings and must admit its not what I expected. Used it on the Cayman (current career car) and it's really loose, but very informative. Not something I would prefer, but I understand why you would prefer such ffb.

Tried some immersive afterwards, which is more my cup of tea.

Do you guys bring the overall strength of ffb down with Gain or volume? I never really understood the difference between the two.
    Last edited by prinsmp; 12-01-2018 at 14:57.
    The following user likes this Post: IceShaft

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by prinsmp View Post
    Tried some immersive afterwards, which is more my cup of tea.

Do you guys bring the overall strength of ffb down with Gain or volume? I never really understood the difference between the two.
    Immersive, with same numbers as my settings, is a hoot.
    Good fun.

I don't know the difference between gain and volume but as you can see, I use volume to keep it from clipping.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Gain - feels to be setting the maximum torque. I always leave at 100 to exploit the full capabilities of my low torque wheel. I would only reduce gain on immersive, a setting I find confused and unhelpful so avoid. I think this may be useful for people with DD high torque wheels.

Volume - this feels like a compressor / limiter. Low volume reduces high torque forces resolved from the physics simulation and increases smaller higher frequency forces giving a lighter more detailed feel. This on my g920, a low torque wheel. High volume gives a stiffer wheel with less detail.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 78. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FreefallRLC View Post
    I also have big problems to get the FF to my liking. Tried all 3 settings with different sliders. But once one effect gets better, others get wose.
    I really love the FF in Assetto Corsa. The mix between g forces, feeling the car weight, feeling the road surface is excellent, I think. The only effect is less intense is tire slip. GT Sportßs effect with the skidding and rubbing tires is very nice there, I think.
    I tried to make PC2 FF like Assetto, but not much luck. the surface efect /curbs, rumble from surface or on grass is very low and canīt change it to much better. The G forces are very strong (too strong for my taste and barely feel surface details ) and the steering wheel feels "empty" and too light. Alsost like on a wheel without FFB. If I tone that up (also with dampener saturation) it gets better. But the other effects like surface detail gets less and the g forces wipping your arm off. Maybe itīs my settings but no matter what seetings I try, itīs always not 100% right. AC FF is great out of the box.
    I think the biggest problem is the light and "empty" feeling in the wheel. Other games make the wheel feel lighter the more corbnering or more faster corvering you are to make the car feel heavier and faster. In PC2 I dobīt feel that at all.
    OMG I just used those exact words to describe the FFB issues I have - light and empty! Using a Fanatec CSW. If anyone has any other suggestions to improve this please post thanks

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Silvia View Post
    Using a Fanatec CSW.
    On PS4?
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    You mean gain =100? Shouldn't be a problem if you like strong ffb. It's fine to keep it where you have it right now.
    The behavioural changes come from the flavour, tone and FX.
    With the T300 I find it clips way too much on 100 gain. I run 70 which is about as high as I can go to avoid clipping in just about all cars.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Platform
    PS4
    I use volume to avoid clipping.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz555 View Post
    With the T300 I find it clips way too much on 100 gain. I run 70 which is about as high as I can go to avoid clipping in just about all cars.
    What's clipping mean? Yorkie065 talks about it on his ffb youtube video and was wondering what it is
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL