Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback problem with Project Cars 2/G29 wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Force Feedback problem with Project Cars 2/G29 wheel

Hi. Looking for help. Just bought Project Cars 2 and when loaded up on PS4 I get almost no force feedback.
    I have fiddled with the settings - now on RAW and 100 Gain - but there is hardly any sensation and the steering wheel feels loose and flabby. I popped Project Cars back in and the force feedback works fine, so it is not a wheel problem.
    Can anyone help? It's very frustrating - was really looking forward to an improvement in physics on the cars (which I thought was already pretty good), but I am seriously disappointed that it doesn't work "out of the box."
    I am also struggling to input my name!!! I type in "Simon" in the profile and there is no way to go further. I press X or O and it just wipes out what I have written. I have tried L1 L2 R1 R2 to get it to save as it goes, but it still just wipes my name out before going on to the surname box. I am probably just VERY dumb on this (and maybe even the force feedback issue) but as a rank amateur, I would really appreciate some help. I really enjoyed Project Cars and if the improvements are as good as I have heard, it should be great driving the much improved range of cars.
    Pretty please?
    Thanks
    The following user likes this Post:

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Try immersive feedback if you own the g29 wheel. Leave it at its default settings but change transmission to manual. There is no need to calibrate your wheel. Try it, I found this option to be much better than raw.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi and thanks. I think I remember trying the immersive (the default setting seems to be lower) but I got absolutely no change with that, hence trying raw. I have the game set on manual gear changes.
    I don't have zero force feedback, but on a scale of 100, I get about 10. And changing the settings seems to make absolutely no difference.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Okay no problem. Immersive has pretty strong feedback and definitely not on a scale of 10. It resembles "default" ffb setting in pcars 1 but feels slightly weaker. I would say it is on a scale of 8.5 in pcars 2.

I'm not the tech expert but maybe if you can't get the wheel working: try deleting the project cars 2 profile and career files from the settings: application saved data management. Then restart the system and the game.

At the absolute worst case scenario, if you have tried everything and have nothing to lose:
    delete the game, delete the saved profile files like before and reinstall for a clean start.
    Last edited by mink; 05-01-2018 at 11:49.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by mink View Post
    Try immersive feedback if you own the g29 wheel. Leave it at its default settings but change transmission to manual. There is no need to calibrate your wheel. Try it, I found this option to be much better than raw.
    i may have misunderstood but you must always calibrate your wheel and pedals on first use.. I do mine every week.

Immersive - this is very loud ffb and can drown a low torque wheel spoiling slip forces and tyre scrabble.
    Informative - this is lighter, less stiff middle and heightens subtle cues.
    Raw - lighter middle, least stiff, needs careful setup on a low torque wheel, full of info but subtly presented, you may need to accept clipping for large counter steer forces when in a skid sideways.

Try leaving gain at 100 and adjusting volume to change the stiffness and magnitude of forces.
    Remember that a car irl, very much road cars, have very poor ffb with often very little information. The aim with a sim is to experiment loading the wheel with different levels of effect untill you feel it is giving you useful driving cues.

Some like the wheel to be a proxy for cornering g forces, something immersive seems to do.
    Others, myself included, like the wheel to reproduce much of the vibration cues, seat of the pants stuff, through the wheel, and informative and raw are capable of that, along with good presentation of slip forces.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi and thanks again. Still very frustrated. Now when I go back to the original Project Cars game, the force feedback works fine, but I have lost manual gear changing! I go into the settings and have manual selected, but the paddles do NOTHING at all. The paddles work in PC2, so it is not a wheel problem. Futhermore, in PC2, I am now getting violent, side-to-side wheel shake which means the cars are totally impossible to drive.
    I haven't managed to get started with PC2, so I will wipe it from the PS4 and see if that helps. After having a really good experience with Project Cars, I am feeling very frustrated now. I cannot seem to get PC2 to work and now it has messed up PC1 somehow - I can only assume it has tripped the old game up too, given it was functioning perfectly well before.
    Thanks also Zaskarpants for the reply. Leaving the violent shake out for a moment, the level of feedback is almost zero in terms of the road surface though I get some resistance going round corners. But relative to the default I have in the original, the road feeling is basically zero.
    Even the original game (see above) seems to be misbehaving now - I was away for a couple of weeks, but somehow the ffb seems different now. More resitsance - as Zaskarpants says - in terms of cornering Gs.
    Many thanks for the help. And I still can't even enter my name in the profile. Can't see how to save AT ALL. It just wipes out my name every time. You can but laugh - either at me or the game!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Whenever you run into issues like this rebuild the console database, it really can fix a multitude of weird goings-on.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Platform
    PS4
    You might need to assign the paddles to shift up/ down in the control settings. They’re R1/L1 on the G29. I had to do that when I loaded up pc2.

So what are your ffb settings? I’m getting plenty of feedback (my settings below). Note, using my settings, some cars feel dead and numb (Bentley GT3), some are full of feedback (Ginetta GT3, vintage/ GT1). I imagine some road cars will be worse for ffb. So the ffb will change according to the cars suspension geometry and tires. I don’t recommend tuning ffb in a GT3 car. Try a few different cars.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I am confused. Why claim to be a virgin user if you are not.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...D-Look-to-apex
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I don't think I claimed to be a virgin user, just a rank amateur. Yes, I have posted a question before, but in terms of understanding the game, intricacies, settings etc, I am basically clueless. Is it a problem to ask questions? I was just hoping for some help given that I am unable to solve the problems I have by myself.