Thread: Keena's Formula Rookie new online driver thread

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah it's a great track for an online race. I'll be there tomorrow

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Last race in the Formula Rookie (Ford) tonight then its time for the Ginetta Juniors Probably be a rerun of the Redbullring that is in the career mode, probably 20 laps with possibly a mandatory pit stop. Take note of where your pitbox is and map a speed limit button

Just did a race at Redbullring. If people take care with damage on, theres some great racing to be had. I'm prone to making occasional quite frankly heroic mistakes like driving into the back of someone because I couldn't decide whether to go left or right (yup really), but turning in to the Apex when you know theres someone there is just going to wreck both your races. This is what happened to me at least once, and its a bit frustrating, so keep checking mirrors, if in doubt let the guy through- your licence rating wont suffer and you'll 99% of the time see the fella spin off gracefully a couple of corners down the road anyway.

I'd like to thank all those that do turn up and make that effort to race clean. Its noticed and appreciated, and its guys like you that make this online lark such a pleasure. Full grids so far, it'd be great to keep it that way
    The following user likes this Post: Topsie

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Another great ginetta juniors outing at Donnington, full grid which is awesome. Some epic battles and with damage on, being able to sit and fight with someone lap after lap shows the respect being shown. Really hard fought but very fair. Excellent to see I'm just going to keep on running these races under my Sunscreen tag as long as I'm on leave, as long as I'm able with commitments, at the same time every night (1930 GMT). Everyone welcome. I'll keep the licence at U0100 because I have yet to see a dolt (I tell a lie but only one or two and they get warned then fired).

If anyone has any circuit requests stick them here. We'll stay with ginetta junior for a week or so then move on, trying to keep it on a sensible learning trajectory.

Night night all.
    Last edited by Keena; 13-01-2018 at 20:07.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If anyone was online with me just now, apologies. Real life issues. That'll teach me for trying to grab an hour during the day..

Platform
    PC
    Will hopefully be online tonight and will look out for you around 1930. I'm looking forward to the Ginetta Juniors for a change - as much as I loved the handling of the FR open-wheelers it was hard to come back from any contact in the race. Hopefully the Ginettas will be a little more robust and less prone to getting tangled up.
    i5 6600k | MSI Z170A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 500gb 850 EVO | Fractal Design Define S | Liquid cooled | W10 x64 | T300 RS GT
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah there's none of that getting axles tangled then going for a fly business.. I try and avoid any contact because of the licence issue but a gentle caress isn't quite so brutal compared to those formula rookie; )

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hey all. Well two out of three races today got to the end of qualifying screen and froze up so I have no idea whats going on there. Until it becomes a little more reliable I think I'm going to give it all a break because its just embarrassing and people will end up avoiding lobbies when they see a particular name. Same with single player as that still has a few slow off the line/ wet tyres not overheating in the dry issues too. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped make my transition to online so much fun. Hopefully see you all soon Enjoy

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Don't worry about that at all, people are used to those multiplayer problems, so they will definitely not blame/associate you with this!

But you could instead give more information to the devs about this problem, so they can fix it. So far we had assumed that the problem is related to the host leaving the session, causing such issues. But in this case I guess it was you the host and obviously did not leave, is that right? I think any kind of information you can give them about the 2 cases when the problem happened could help them, like for example did many people quit after the qualify? Or some settings you had different than before? That sort of thing..

Platform
    PC
    Yeah don't worry, clearly wasn't your fault! I was in one of those races and noticed a couple of drivers with very high pings towards the end of quali - over 1000. I saw one of them on track and his car was leaping around all over the place - unsurprisingly!

Perhaps the players with bad connections caused some sync issue which stopped the game from proceeding from quali to race?
    i5 6600k | MSI Z170A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 500gb 850 EVO | Fractal Design Define S | Liquid cooled | W10 x64 | T300 RS GT

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Don't worry about that at all, people are used to those multiplayer problems, so they will definitely not blame/associate you with this!

But you could instead give more information to the devs about this problem, so they can fix it. So far we had assumed that the problem is related to the host leaving the session, causing such issues. But in this case I guess it was you the host and obviously did not leave, is that right? I think any kind of information you can give them about the 2 cases when the problem happened could help them, like for example did many people quit after the qualify? Or some settings you had different than before? That sort of thing..
    Thanks dude, I appreciate the reply. I'll try and provide as much detail as I can. Basically in all sessions I ran a half hour practice session followed by I think a half hour qualifying session. After setting my own time early on I then spent the rest of the session on the monitor looking for good and bad drivers and generally policing things Charlie Whiting style. At the end of qualifying the clock ran out and the continue box appeared, but no amount of clicking it would do anything. I left it for about 5-10 mins just to be on the safe side then saw one of my steam friends had started playing project cars again even though he was still presented on the continue screen in front of me. The problem seemed an inactive continue button but I'm really guessing there. It wasnt a dedicated server or anything- just using the create an online race from the main menu. Hope that helps, and appreciate the kind words.

It might be worth keeping an eye out for those bad connections and see if a trend develops.
    Last edited by Keena; 15-01-2018 at 20:22.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem