Thread: Worn tires, and FFB

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1

Worn tires, and FFB

I have a FFB wheel, I don't think Worn Tires should cause the wheel to shake and clip violently while on the straights. I think this needs to be rolled back or fixed. I understand the Dev's trying to convey wear on the tires, but if you FFB you are at an extreme disadvantage with the violent shaking of the wheel down the stretch. If you like I can include a video If I must, but I know I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Sure it's not flat spots? That could cause so much vibration it can tear your suspension apart(just ask Kimi).

Let's change the world today with a whisper

/
    // MaximusDoriftus (Steam))

The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, John Hargreaves

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yesterday evening I was in a Clio cup race, at Brno for 10 laps (not an ideal circuit for a low power car!). My front left tyre was down to what I'd visually guess as 10% tread, the front right was probably around 50% but the car drove along fine and fun.
    I'm on the TX base.

So what car/wheel/settings are you using DM ?
    And how worn down were the tyres, and of course what tyres too ?

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well its happening in a GT3 with Real Assists, so there is ABS on. But the Wheels only feel like blocks when we are on the straight away. Using the PCars Dash App the tires are at below the 60% mark and then it just continues to get worse. It clips so bad it nearly wants to rip the wheel out of your hands on the straights at Le Mans and the High Banks at Daytona. It doesnt seem to affect the handling but its very distracting and causes you to lose confidence in the car which not to mention anyone that doesn't have FFB doesn't have to deal with it so it would be an advantage to them.
    I'm on the TS-XW Sparco 310 with RAW settings Nothing out of the ordinary. I've tried adjusting the numbers and it doesn't seem to help.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sounds more like a setup problem. Worn tires do not jerk the wheel around, you just lose grip. So its either flat spots or your suspension is bottoming out.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    I'm on the TS-XW Sparco 310 with RAW settings Nothing out of the ordinary. I've tried adjusting the numbers and it doesn't seem to help.
    I'm on the same wheel although I'm currently using Informative 100/35/65/45. I was using raw at first but have been getting the best range of feedback for my taste from informative. I'm still tweaking the tone around since I'm not 100% sure on that yet, but I try not to make more than one change in a session to prevent "ffb fatigue".

I remember getting something similar to what you're saying with RAW but thought I was able to smooth it out with settings. I can try out what you are using and see if I'm getting the same thing.

So, this is what I see so far:

...its happening in a GT3 with Real Assists, so there is ABS on.
    ...the Wheels only feel like blocks when we are on the straight away.
    ...the tires are at below the 60% mark and then it just continues to get worse.
    It clips so bad it nearly wants to rip the wheel out of your hands on the straights at Le Mans and the High Banks at Daytona.

If you want to provide the specific car and FFB numbers I can use those too. I'll try with default setups to see if I can reproduce and we can rule out setups, settings, or anything else.

I'll use vrHive to monitor my tire wear down to 60%. The telemetry after that point might also give us some insight.

FYI, I'm using firmware v3 on the wheel and I'm on the Xbox One X. Let me know if you are different on either of those too.