Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So frustrating Project Cars 1 is better than 2!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

So frustrating Project Cars 1 is better than 2!

I have been seriously getting into PS4 racing games over the last few months and am, in genral, loving them. At the start of the renaissance I bought Project Cars 1 GOTY edition and started to play it. Huge fun and very impressive but I had the urge for some more modern cars and official Porsche in particular. Enter Project Cars 2 Collector's edition. Better interface and a lot of the cars I was longing to drive.

So off I blast but then hours have been spent trying to get the Force Feedback anything like reasonable. In PC1 all I have to do was set FFB strength to 40% and that was perfect for me with my T300 RS. Took the RUF 911 round Nurburgring GP and was loving it in PC1. In PC2 I have found it almost impossible to get the FFB to emulate the great feel I had in PC1. After a lot of trial and error it is now OK but still is not as good as PC1. I cannot understand why it cannot be a simple as PC1.

So that was FFB but now to sound. I just could not believe how bad the sound was in PC2. Same track but with the official 911 RSR. What in the world is going on. All the volume has gone, easily recitifed by turning up the surround sound volume on the processor but then alll the atmosphere has gone and replace by a high pitched squealing engine behind my head and a gear change that sounds like someone is hitting the gearbox casing with a large metal mallet. I have even turned down the suspension/transmission volume to 5 and the gear changes are still pretty loud. Now the PS4 Pro is feeding my Marantz 8801 processor and that, in turn, is feeding a multi-channel Linn power amp then to a combination of Focal and Linn speakers with a REL sub. Sound system approx £20,000. PC1 sounds awesome, AC sounds awesome, GT Sport sounds awsome, indeed PC1 sounds the best but PC2 sounds really awful. I really do think that the developers have made some significant mistake in the PS4 sound mix for PC2. One, perhaps, significant symptom of that is that the LFE level makes no differnce to the sound at all, whether set at 0 or 100.

It would be very nice if the developers acknowledged the problem and, even better, they had a fix for the next patch.

As it is at the moment PC1 is so much better than I am going to stick with that and the older cars.

CJ
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GAT_Montana, mink

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    You need to change more than just ffb back strength in both pc1 and pc2 look up some of the setups that are on this forum. Pc1 took months of tweaking thanks jack spade so if you only changed ffb in pc1 and think its better than pc2 you are sadly mistaken and missing out my friend
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Here's one after 3.0 patch plus many others out there have a play around with settings and ffb is individual to each person something that feels good for you might not to someone else....
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...post-patch-3-x and http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Project-Cars-2
    Last edited by leeroy98; 08-01-2018 at 23:41.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Pcars 1 had a total of 46,678 ffb sliders, it was awful and intimidating to most and an incredible faff to adjust.
    I made the number up but it was lots.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 76. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0.
    G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 25, 0.
    Assists, all off. Currently play 80-110/100 AI. 10-20 l quick races, some time trials.
    Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, leeroy98, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Pcars 1 had a total of 46,678 ffb sliders, it was awful and intimidating to most and an incredible faff to adjust.
    I made the number up but it was lots.
    It was a bit much... I'm sure it was something like this -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200px-SSL_SL9000J_(72ch)_@_The_Cutting_Room_Recording_Studios,_NYC.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	248549
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/Formula Carbon & BMW GT2 Rims/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    ^^^ Lols, pc1 ffb buttonbox.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 76. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0.
    G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 25, 0.
    Assists, all off. Currently play 80-110/100 AI. 10-20 l quick races, some time trials.
    Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    So...based on your ffb experiences and the sound you completely put pCARS2 on your "to ignore" list?
    That's like buying one of those Porsches and dismissing it because you don't like the taillights or the shape of the fueltank cover...
    There is so much more to this game that outshines its predecessor...priorities i guess...which you are completely entitled to BTW.
    Just think it's a shame and you are missing out in my humble view...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    So...based on your ffb experiences and the sound you completely put pCARS2 on your "to ignore" list?
    That's like buying one of those Porsches and dismissing it because you don't like the taillights or the shape of the fueltank cover...
    There is so much more to this game that outshines its predecessor...priorities i guess...which you are completely entitled to BTW.
    Just think it's a shame and you are missing out in my humble view...
    Yeah it's exactly like that.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Yeah it's exactly like that.
    It got the point across didn't it?
    I personally know of people who in the past bought a new car because the ashtray was full...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Each unto their own... but I cannot quite get why anyone would prefer the FFB feel of the original over the current incarnation... it felt wooden, heavy and uninformative in comparison. The difference is like just after having big dollops of stubborn wax syringed out of yer lugs after suffering weeks of dulled hearing.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/Formula Carbon & BMW GT2 Rims/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth