Thread: Is there a reason the game increases tire pressure's by 5 psi in Time Trial?

Platform
    PS4

Is there a reason the game increases tire pressure's by 5 psi in Time Trial?

Was doing Time Trial the other day and noticed my tire pressures were significantly higher than I set them in my set up. After about 3 or 4 times I noticed that no matter what I set them at it raised them 5 psi as soon as it released to manual control. It didn't matter what track or car I used either, it was consistently 5 psi over my settings. Is this a known issue?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigair199 View Post
    Was doing Time Trial the other day and noticed my tire pressures were significantly higher than I set them in my set up. After about 3 or 4 times I noticed that no matter what I set them at it raised them 5 psi as soon as it released to manual control. It didn't matter what track or car I used either, it was consistently 5 psi over my settings. Is this a known issue?
    It's working as intended because the pressures in the setup are for cold tires. As you start with pre heated tires in the time trial, your pressures are going to be higher than you set them in the setup. Just set them lower in the setup so you start with more usable pressures.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you! That makes perfect sense and I appreciate the quick response.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Watch your pressures as you accumulate laps. They may drop to acceptable levels after a few laps. The same issue is present in online events. For some cars the increase makes lap 1 a challenge. So in those cases I create a race setup with lower pressures. Usually a compromise something less than the 5psi difference.
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!