Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is LiveTrack 3.0 affecting Dry track grip levels as it does for other conditions?

Platform
    PS4

Is LiveTrack 3.0 affecting Dry track grip levels as it does for other conditions?

Since there are problems with LiveTrack 3.0 not being able to maintain consistent track conditions for all drivers in a room when it comes to synchronizing weather conditions, would it be reasonable to assume it's not maintaining identical grip levels in dry conditions? This is not an insinuation but rather an honest question.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!

Platform
    PS4
    Yes I read it, but it only references synchronization of multiple weather conditions, (ex. rain, fog and clear). My question is if it's possible that under just one condition, say clear and sunny, that LiveTrack can't maintain the same grip levels for everyone in the room even though it's just a dry track and nothing to synch?
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I must admit that I've been wondering about this myself...
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth
    The following user likes this Post: vwpolo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    This is an excellent question... It certainly sounds like it's a possibility and would be the death of online racing were it the case...
    The following user likes this Post: vwpolo

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NateDawg View Post
    This is an excellent question... It certainly sounds like it's a possibility and would be the death of online racing were it the case...
    Not for me... but I don't race GT3s online any more.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Not for me... but I don't race GT3s online any more.
    What's GT3s got to do, got to do with it?

If one player is gripping up nicely, and another player is not - then there can be no competition - or at least an unfair advantage to one or a few players... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's why I'm slower than everyone else online

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by NateDawg View Post
    The weather sync issue is known, on dedicated and ps4 full lobby servers. When weather changes from dry to wet, a few drivers don't experience the track going wet IE change of grip.

Now let's say the weather goes from clear to overcast, and it doesn't sync correctly with all the players in the lobby. This, I don't see as a big problem for online racing.

There are ambient air temp changes which will slightly affect cooling. The track temp barely changes. So if it's not synced correctly with all players, the dry-dry sync is not a big issue because a dry-dry weather change does not affect grip levels (or negligible at most).
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    The weather sync issue is known, on dedicated and ps4 full lobby servers. When weather changes from dry to wet, a few drivers don't experience the track going wet IE change of grip.

Now let's say the weather goes from clear to overcast, and it doesn't sync correctly with all the players in the lobby. This, I don't see as a big problem for online racing.

There are ambient air temp changes which will slightly affect cooling. The track temp barely changes. So if it's not synced correctly with all players, the dry-dry sync is not a big issue because a dry-dry weather change does not affect grip levels (or negligible at most).
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought LiveTrack also changes as rubber is laid down.

Lets look at F1. Quali times can fall by up to a second between Q1 and Q3 (excluding tire differences). So 20 cars x 3 laps + 15 cars x 3 laps + 10 cars x 6 laps = 165 car.laps of the circuit. So if you have 10 cars doing a 16 lap race, by the end of the race, players syncing properly could be 1s a lap faster. This equates to 0.0625 a lap, or over the race distance, a benefit of 8.5 seconds. It's not inconsequential if this is the way it works.

This could be exacerbated for formulas with less aerodynamic grip and rely more on mechanical grip... I'm not entirely sure.

More prevalent for leagues than casual I'll admit, but that probably makes it worse.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: OddTimer, sas5320

Platform
    PS4
    A generous 0.0625 seconds seems negligible to driver error, fuel loads, tire wear etc...

Still an interesting question!
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?