Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is LiveTrack 3.0 affecting Dry track grip levels as it does for other conditions?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NateDawg View Post
    What's GT3s got to do, got to do with it?

If one player is gripping up nicely, and another player is not - then there can be no competition - or at least an unfair advantage to one or a few players... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's why I'm slower than everyone else online
    I've only ever had issues in GT3 races... practice and qualifying are great, times and performance are as expected and the car feels fine. Move on to race, check setup etc and, for whatever reason, some cars suddenly handle like they are on their rims, you have no grip in corners and the brakes lock up everywhere spinning you out. This happens even with fixed time and fixed weather so I am at a loss as to why this only happens to certain players while others just race off into the distance with no problems whatsoever.

It never happens to me with other classes that I've raced (GT5, GT4, GJ, TC etc etc) so I just stick with them in the knowledge that I will be going into a race where everyone performs the same and you will get close, great racing. I'm not alone in suffering from this, I've spoken with many players who have had this happen to them, unfortunately some have just given up and moved on.

I'd love to know what causes this on occassion, I really would.

EDIT : It seems especially prone to happening at the Red Bull Ring, terrible handling twice in a row... then moved on to Spa, Imola then Catalunya (all fine), then back to the RBR which was also fine the third time round. This was in the same lobby, with the same conditions for every session.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 09-01-2018 at 12:08.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    A generous 0.0625 seconds seems negligible to driver error, fuel loads, tire wear etc...

Still an interesting question!
    True, but over the course of a race it adds up given some may be restricted by this amount. Add on top of that more grip = easier to control = less chance of driver error and it may well compound beyond the 0.625...

Food for thought, but it ain't gonna make me any better of a driver in online
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    I've only ever had issues in GT3 races... practice and qualifying are great, times and performance are as expected and the car feels fine. Move on to race, check setup etc and, for whatever reason, some cars suddenly handle like they are on their rims, you have no grip in corners and the brakes lock up everywhere spinning you out. This happens even with fixed time and fixed weather so I am at a loss as to why this only happens to certain players while others just race off into the distance with no problems whatsoever.

It never happens to me with other classes that I've raced (GT5, GT4, GJ, TC etc etc) so I just stick with them in the knowledge that I will be going into a race where everyone performs the same and you will get close, great racing. I'm not alone in suffering from this, I've spoken with many players who have had this happen to them, unfortunately some have just given up and moved on.

I'd love to know what causes this on occassion, I really would.

EDIT : It seems especially prone to happening at the Red Bull Ring, terrible handling twice in a row... then moved on to Spa, Imola then Catalunya (all fine), then back to the RBR which was also fine the third time round. This was in the same lobby, with the same conditions for every session.
    Its not only GT3, I can confirm it happens in other classes as well.
    Want to take part in some clean league racing? www.seetheair.com
    Steam ID: ant1897
    Discord: ant1897#7062
    seetheair.com on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SeeTheAir
    seetheair.com Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/mCTPfBg

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The weather sync issue is known, on dedicated and ps4 full lobby servers. When weather changes from dry to wet, a few drivers don't experience the track going wet IE change of grip.

Now let's say the weather goes from clear to overcast, and it doesn't sync correctly with all the players in the lobby. This, I don't see as a big problem for online racing.

There are ambient air temp changes which will slightly affect cooling. The track temp barely changes. So if it's not synced correctly with all players, the dry-dry sync is not a big issue because a dry-dry weather change does not affect grip levels (or negligible at most).
    You'd be surprised, ive seen track temps dip 10-15c or more from clear to heavy cloud. That can def affect grip.

I hope this 'known' issue becomes a 'resolved' one in the next patch. We're approaching 4 months since release, and the flagship feature that is LT3.0 is completely useless in a competitive MP setting (i cant see pcars2 being used for esports in its current state). I have yet to see a dev acknowledge this issue in the forum (maybe i missed it), and give us a status on whether is been replicated, and when we can expect a fix.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, NateDawg

Platform
    PC
    Is this a problem on pc and xbox? or just ps4
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster T300 GTE - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - steam - jimortality - Xbox 1 X - jimortality

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    Is this a problem on pc and xbox? or just ps4
    I think its a problem with LT3.0, regardless of platform.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1897 View Post
    You'd be surprised, ive seen track temps dip 10-15c or more from clear to heavy cloud. That can def affect grip.
    The temp drop should interact with the tire temperature and pressure behaviour thereby affecting grip. I don't think the track surface grip should change from the temp change.

I'm pretty sure it's a well documented and known issue on dedi servers. They know about it.
    Maybe they haven't fixed it yet so no word of it?
    It is one of the flagship features and definitely needs to get sorted - I'm sure SMS feel the same way.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: jimortality, NateDawg

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The thing is... it would happen occassionaly with PC1 as well...

Never had the physics suddenly change offline, something seems to go out of sync in MP sometimes.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Platform
    PS4
    It's happening more I think with full lobbies >12 players but I'm yet to test that.
    All the weather races I've seen usually have less than full lobbies, outside of league races.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It's happening more I think with full lobbies >12 players but I'm yet to test that.
    All the weather races I've seen usually have less than full lobbies, outside of league races.
    It's a strange one for sure, sometimes a lobby loads and it's running at 20fps or so... needs a console reboot and rejoin to work properly. The physics anomalies are race destroying... I really hope that the issue can be isolated and squished.