Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is LiveTrack 3.0 affecting Dry track grip levels as it does for other conditions?

Platform
    PS4
    We had a clapped out Brands hatch GT qualifying yesterday. Terrible fps, lag etc a few of us Aussie guys in the lobby having the problem.
    Went to race and fixed itself!
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    We had a clapped out Brands hatch GT qualifying yesterday. Terrible fps, lag etc a few of us Aussie guys in the lobby having the problem.
    Went to race and fixed itself!
    Oh the joys of people joining a session...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tenor.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	248605
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/Formula Carbon & BMW GT2 Rims/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Platform
    PS4
    Have you noticed how the stutter seems to repeat like an echo when multiple people join at once?
    Actually, you might not seeing as by the 3rd freeze you're in the wall and stationary.
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The temp drop should interact with the tire temperature and pressure behaviour thereby affecting grip. I don't think the track surface grip should change from the temp change.
    Yes but if a few drivers are out of sync, then the track will have evolved differently for those players, and they'll either have more or less grip than the rest of the field.
    Want to take part in some clean league racing? www.seetheair.com

PSNID: ant1897

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1897 View Post
    Yes but if a few drivers are out of sync, then the track will have evolved differently for those players, and they'll either have more or less grip than the rest of the field.
    Either way it’s a problem. If it’s not syncing or the sync is lagged with wet/dry, it’s screwed in dry/dry races too just that it’ll be more subtle. I’d like to know if this is triggered by 3+ Slots or its F’d with any weather change.
    Run a practice race when you can please, with a full lobby, 2 slots. You have the numbers for an exhibition race.
    There’s no track temp indication unless everyone has udp apps... it’ll be easier for everyone to call out rain drops and what lap they feel slicks are no good... then the director can just note who boxed on what lap.
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Either way it’s a problem. If it’s not syncing or the sync is lagged with wet/dry, it’s screwed in dry/dry races too just that it’ll be more subtle. I’d like to know if this is triggered by 3+ Slots or its F’d with any weather change.
    Run a practice race when you can please, with a full lobby, 2 slots. You have the numbers for an exhibition race.
    There’s no track temp indication unless everyone has udp apps... it’ll be easier for everyone to call out rain drops and what lap they feel slicks are no good... then the director can just note who boxed on what lap.
    We tried 2 slots, 3 slots, 4 slots. Sync to race, or accelerated, or real.

Yep, will try, its tough lately to gather 16 drivers together. A lot of guys have lost patience, given up and just race casually. I'll try and get a test session together, and get some video of the issue from differing driver perspectives.
    Want to take part in some clean league racing? www.seetheair.com

PSNID: ant1897
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Schnizz58

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Hey,

We tested really much on this issue some time ago.
    It's definitely affecting complete dry races too.

When the Livetrack-System becomes 'unresponsive' (because of know one knows why) it always defaults the weather to "clear" for those drivers.
    So when you have a Lobby set up with for example "light clouds", "Heavy clouds" and "Fog" the Weather will stay "clear" for the whole race for the drivers with an 'unresponsive Livetrack' system.

So atm the only thing you can do about this is to setup League-Races with only one slot which is always set to "Clear". By doing this you guarantee that every driver has the same weather-conditions on track!

Unfortunately this still doesn't lead to equality of opportunities for all drivers because when a driver gets this 'unrepsonsive Livetrack'-System-Issue their track will indeed stay in 'Clear'-Weather for the whole race, but it will also stay in 'default' Dust/Grip/Rubber-Condition.
    So, people whose Livetrack is working properly will get changing Grip-Conditions (Grip building up throughout a race; slippery places on track where dust lies etc.) while the people whose Livetrack-System is 'unresponsive' will get the default Grip-Condition for the whole race.

On average out of 16 people approx. 2-3 get an unresponsive Livetrack-System throughout the races.
    So really competitive races where people put time into Training etc. aren't possible at the moment and I can't recommend planning or attending league races at the moment. It just leads to frustration among the drivers, because everyone feels disadvantaged by the Game (Some of them actually are).

For Online-Fun-Races, Time-Trial and racing the A.I the game is really good at the moment, but for proper online-racing it's not appropriate.

I hope they can fix this Issue somehow in the future but my belief in this is quite low at the moment. Let's wait and see what the future brings. I hope there are still a few people around then who play this game with me.
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I jumped into a GT3 race tonight at Spa, qualified 2nd (off pole by 0.2s)... car was absolutely fine for 2.5 laps, hard tyres at perfect temps and pressures, brakes fine, no damage... then grip just fell away instantly and front brakes started locking... I was in third place and the first two just drove off into the distance at the rate of about 2-3 seconds per lap. Struggled on to the end of the 12 lap race, had to adjust brake bias rearwards to try and mitigate the lock ups, even with less than normal brake application. This never seems to happen in practice or qualy sessions with the same fuel loads, tyre compounds, weather etc... go to the actual race and the car often turns from Dr Jeckyll into Mr Hyde.

Is it my error or is something odd going on?
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 12-01-2018 at 01:28.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/Formula Carbon & BMW GT2 Rims/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Is it my error or is something odd going on?
    To me that looks like the tire pressures crept up as the race progresses. Brakes affect tire pressure. If your brake temps are high it'll over inflate your tires after 5-6 laps.
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    To me that looks like the tire pressures crept up as the race progresses. Brakes affect tire pressure. If your brake temps are high it'll over inflate your tires after 5-6 laps.
    I was checking throughout the race, looking for issues with brake/tyre temps etc... the disc temps seemed fine to me.. mid 300 degrees I think and tyre pressures were at a steady 25/26psi, I was also backing right off from aggressive braking pressure, probably maxing out at around 50% to try and stop lock-ups (probably 80% at the Bus Stop). What should I be aiming for?

As I say, this doesn't happen to me with long runs in practice/qualy with the same set up.. why only in race? I even reduce the tyre pressures to offset the preheating as someone else had recommended.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 12-01-2018 at 02:32.