Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is LiveTrack 3.0 affecting Dry track grip levels as it does for other conditions?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I must add, as frustrating as it was at the time... it was superb fun, struggling with a dynamically ill-handling car. T'was awesome really... frustrating but awesome.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/Formula Carbon & BMW GT2 Rims/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Platform
    PS4
    Don't know mate. Livetrack having a fit?
    I've experienced it after a spin, where I'd been pushing and it felt like I'd cooked the tires. No indication from temp or pressure. If I spin more then the temp started shooting up in telemetry. Felt like the surface rubber was overheating. If I granny drive for a lap it came back to me...

I have no idea what's actually happening though.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10

Platform
    PS4
    Well after reading the responses it's obviously an issue so my question is what's the plan? There are a couple of threads regarding this and in all of them including this one they all have one thing in common, no response's from the dev's as to what they plan on doing about it or if they can do anything about it. This was one of the main selling points of the game and it has the entire integrity of the game compromised. Was the game developed past the point of the console's ability to run it? On the surface that seem's to be a real possibility and would definitely explain the apparent lack of testing before release for the console versions. Maybe the thought was "Get it out and we will patch it up as best we can!" which was better than the alternative at the time whatever that would have been. At this point a response would be nice even if it is "Sorry folks but this is as good as it gets, the consoles just can't run it as intended." of course that wouldn't do much for the integrity of the game moving forward now would it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigair199 View Post
    Well after reading the responses it's obviously an issue so my question is what's the plan? There are a couple of threads regarding this and in all of them including this one they all have one thing in common, no response's from the dev's as to what they plan on doing about it or if they can do anything about it. This was one of the main selling points of the game and it has the entire integrity of the game compromised. Was the game developed past the point of the console's ability to run it? On the surface that seem's to be a real possibility and would definitely explain the apparent lack of testing before release for the console versions. Maybe the thought was "Get it out and we will patch it up as best we can!" which was better than the alternative at the time whatever that would have been. At this point a response would be nice even if it is "Sorry folks but this is as good as it gets, the consoles just can't run it as intended." of course that wouldn't do much for the integrity of the game moving forward now would it.
    I dont think its specific to console. PC users have reported the same thing. The worrying thing about all of it, is the lack of communication from the devs about this specific issue. They've been pretty involved and vocal in other threads, about other issues, except for this. Kind of gives off that 'sweep it under the rug' feel. Devs, there are entire communities and leagues waiting for this to be regulated. A sign of life on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Want to take part in some clean league racing? www.seetheair.com

PSNID: ant1897
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bigair199, sas5320

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Perhaps this Issue is so tricky, so deep-rooted in the code or in the physics of the game that it isn't possible to ever fix it.

As already stated in here, there are so many Dev-Responses to all these minor bug Threads that it is quite remarkable that there are nearly no statement on this Issue.
    I don't know if I'm exaggerating, but for me this Issue is by far the biggest problem of the game.

It kills Live-Track 3.0. It kills the possibility to use weather. It kills League-Races. It kills E-Sport. If you combine these mentioned aspects it kills nearly everything the game is about for a huge amount of Users. And especially Livetrack, Weather and E-Sports were the big things which were advertised before the release of the game.

So if it might really be not fixable i can fully understand why the Devs draw a vail of silence over this topic.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ant1897, bigair199

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Is it my error or is something odd going on?
    I feel the same confusion sometimes myself in this game. I have jumped in to a qualy session and run 5, 6, 7 or so laps with everything feeling great, generally improving lap by lap and all that good stuff. Then the race. Hey look it's 6 laps, I just did 6 confident laps in qualy, good to go for the race I'd think. Car is great for the first few laps, then all of a sudden it's gone all greasy and I'm struggling to keep pointed in the right direction while my competition is off around the next bend. Maybe something odd really is happening and it's not just me forgetting how to drive mid race.
    Win10 64 | MSI X99s SLI | i7 5820k | 16GB DDR4 2400 | GTX 1080 ti 11GB | Rift CV1 | CSW v2 + Formula Rim | CSP v2

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigair199 View Post
    what's the plan?
    1 weather slot.
    Dry/ wet doesn’t matter, so there’s no change. I guess leagues or anyone wanting to race in rain will have to do it this way.

Reckon the devs been working at it without news for us just yet: in other words, no fix yet.

I wonder if this is also triggered/ affected by time progression...
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    1 weather slot.
    Dry/ wet doesn’t matter, so there’s no change. I guess leagues or anyone wanting to race in rain will have to do it this way.

Reckon the devs been working at it without news for us just yet: in other words, no fix yet.

I wonder if this is also triggered/ affected by time progression...
    Thought about this, but having one rain slots can produce the same issue. Its raining for everyone, but for a few drivers the water never accumulates and the track never really gets wet.
    Want to take part in some clean league racing? www.seetheair.com

PSNID: ant1897

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1897 View Post
    Thought about this, but having one rain slots can produce the same issue. Its raining for everyone, but for a few drivers the water never accumulates and the track never really gets wet.
    That’s interesting and a good isolating point for devs!
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    1 weather slot.
    Even that won't work according to Renoldo's post above. Some people will get the correct conditions; others will get clear weather with default grip conditions.

Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2