Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tires get hot and you spin

Banned
    Platform
    PC

tires get hot and you spin

im noticing that when i get my tires warm i have less grip and start spinning out no matter what. i can tune the car and drive just fine, but when i get on my 3rd or 4th lap the car just spins out. i try to push it and it just has no grip and acts unpredictably.

Platform
    PC
    Which car are you talking about?
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This seems prominent in many cars really, it seems like potentially all the cars I've driven have the most grip on stone cold tires. A good example that I remember was found was the Ginetta G40 GT5 (default setup at silverstone gp), where every lap the car gets significantly slower and slower.
    Last edited by w0rthy; 09-01-2018 at 06:41.

Platform
    PS4
    Soft tires are only good for track temp <20℃.
    Try the hard tires and monitor your tire pressures. After a few laps of the tires feel slippy, check your tire pressures. You want to keep hot pressures <1.8 bar it'll feel good for long stints.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The OP got banned for trolling but i'm leaving this thread open for information purposes...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Soft tires are only good for track temp <20℃.
    Try the hard tires and monitor your tire pressures. After a few laps of the tires feel slippy, check your tire pressures. You want to keep hot pressures <1.8 bar it'll feel good for long stints.
    The tires were no where near overheating and I believe the specific car mentioned (Ginetta G40 GT5) only has 1 slick compound so whether it is a hard compound is irrelevant. To add to this, tire wear was even turned off, and this issue was noticed quickly by the 32 people in the league race. The car was quickest on the out lap, while the tires were coldest, even the first lap after yielded a noticeably much slower and worse handling car.
    Last edited by w0rthy; 09-01-2018 at 18:20.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by w0rthy View Post
    The tires were no where near overheating and I believe the specific car mentioned (Ginetta G40 GT5) only has 1 slick compound so whether it is a hard compound is irrelevant. To add to this, tire wear was even turned off, and this issue was noticed quickly by the 32 people in the league race. The car was quickest on the out lap, while the tires were coldest, even the first lap after yielded a noticeably much slower and worse handling car.
    Sounds like they were running too much pressure. The tire over-inflated as it warmed up and lost grip.

Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Sounds like they were running too much pressure. The tire over-inflated as it warmed up and lost grip.
    It was the default setup, so if this was the case, then the default setup is horribly wrong.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    It was the default setup, so if this was the case, then the default setup is horribly wrong.
    Default setups CAN be horribly wrong on some tracks and in some conditions. It's one(okay two: loose and stable) default for ALL remember...

But what track was this at? And what season and time(because it has a big effect on the temperature).
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-///Mario Andretti (/ MaximusDoriftus (Steam))

Platform
    XBOX1
    I think the default setups are great with the exception of the tire pressures. They're too high by default.

Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2