Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Career....lets talk about it. What difficulty do you use?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    0 skill/0 aggr, first sim, first wheel and an amazing new experience! enough of a challenge for now

Superkart Pilot
    I've settled for 60% skill and 25% aggression (or else the AI will knock me over and push me off the track).

I want to play with +100 skill, but then the fluctuation in difficulty from one car/track combo to another will be to inconsistent.

It's the only major gripe I've with the game and career mode, but they said and I quote "we plan to keep polishing AI for at least next 6 months [...]" so things will have to change or I will keep wasting both of our time.

In my humble opinion, all the game needs (at least from my perspective) are additional AI balance patches to help sort things out and stop the AI from causing unnecessary mayhem.

Now that I've got that off my chest, feel free to point me in the right direction, settings, driving style, or whatever, anything to help improve my experience while we wait.

WMD Member
    I'm at 115/100 in the first 3 tiers of series. I'm sure I'll have to dial that back the higher I go. I'm much better at squeezing performance out of the slower cars. Prior to getting VR, I could never 'feel' what the car was doing which made driving faster cars a lot more difficult. Now that I'm getting the feedback that I was lacking before, taming the faster cars is a lot easier.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Around the 110 mark for AI difficulty with 80 aggression in open wheelers. Haven't ventured into other motorsport disciplines in career yet; I know I'll probably have to lower the settings a bit at first to get to grips with the other vehicles. The road A cars and the older prototypes are a good challenge.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Cool to see lots of variety here, I'm not the only one who isn't capable of doing AI at 100

I've worked my way through Ginetta Jrs, Clio Cup, Group A, Renault RS01, and Touring Cars and gradually worked up from 40 to 50 AI, with the exception of the Group A - for a reasonable challenge I needed to limit it to maybe 30, but in reality I hated those cars so much I ended up sticking it at 0 and just getting it out of the way.

My system now is to do practice for a couple of laps, see what the best time set it, then go into private test and run until I can beat it, then jump back in for qualifying and the race. Because the Renault and TC are so good I can generally do it within a handful of laps, it's just learning the track layout and braking points. So in theory I could up the AI a bit, but I'm on short versions of the series and don't want to replicate the 12 hours I spent on the Ginettas or the 5 hours I spent on the group As as I really want to experience all the series then come back and challenge myself on my favourites later on.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    I hadnt played pCars since the beta of the pCars 1.

But I got a PS4 this Christmas and I bought pCars 2 and also a G29 instead of my old G27 wheel.

I can not play with Formula C because I can not complete a single lap without spinning ... so Im playing 60/50 but Id need to change the car to know my real level. I love Audi RS8 and despite a could only play 10-12 hours so far I use for single races 80/65.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm around 65 for skill and aggression a bit lower (50)
    I find the result heavily dependent on the track and car, and whether or not I know it.
    If I'm learning the track, or I'm still messing with car setups, this seems to be a good setting. By the time I do about 20 minutes of practice and then the qualifying, I'm usually on the podium in the race. Not a guaranteed win though.

Platform
    PC
    80 skill in this game is 100 skill from PC1, I dont think anyone should feel bad if they can't get near 100 in PC2
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing * Panther Racing Division

Platform
    PS4
    I keep it 45 with a 60 aggression... somehow any more aggression and I find myself getting angry with the AI. I would rather smile politely as I pass them.
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Collin McRae

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm using 80 skill (for the AI with custom setups) and 40 aggression.