Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Career....lets talk about it. What difficulty do you use?

Hybrid View

Kart Driver

Career....lets talk about it. What difficulty do you use?

Which difficulty do you guys have the AI set to, and which discipline did you start out in? I just started the career in the Formula rookie and made it out of the first tier. Now I just beat them at Catalunya. This open wheeler starter car is a blast to drive! I had the AI at 60 but found them not competitive enough, so for the Catalunya race I bumped them up to 100 which I'm guessing is right at the peak "Ace" level(?). Game is really fun without all the silly over the top fluff that comes with Forza. Just wish the career had some sort of monetary system.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Keena

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So how much practice do you guys have to race at those settings?
    I started in the Ginetta cup, went on to the Clio and right now im in the GR.A. Im racing on AI difficulty 40. And I struggle to place pole in the qualifying races.

Platform
    PC
    you will most likely have to adjust the AI settings from race to race and series to series.
    The AI also get faster as you progress in your career. so 60 in FR will be slower than 60 in FC, etc.

I started in Ginetta Jr. and usually kept the AI around 95-98 skill and 85 aggression.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    I am currently at 75 difficulty and I think around 60 aggression (iirc) but they've both been going up as I'm getting better. I started in Ginetta Jr. and I'm up to GT4 currently. Yes, the F/rookie is a lot of fun and a good car to learn with.
    Quote Originally Posted by isamu View Post
    Just wish the career had some sort of monetary system.
    Why? There's nothing to spend that money on.
    If you're going to fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and its starting to rain.
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I used 35 difficulty for the UK Championship of Ginetta Juniors and have upped it to 40 for the UK finals.I ran at 50 aggression and skip qualifying so start last on the grid and usually run at the same pace as the AI

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    100AI / 75 agression. Started career at the lowest tier 6 and now have to start in Tier 2 - Opel TCR
    PC: Omen i7-1080ti, OculusCV1, 43" 4K screen and Optoma 1080p beamer
    NextLevelRacing GT Ultimate v2 & V3 motion platform + Fanatec CSL Elite & LC pedals, Fanatec SQ1.5 H shifter

PS4Pro, T300GTE, T3PA, 599xx wheel / F1 rim, TH8A shifter

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm at 40 as I find that otherwise it's to hard in qualifying. However, I'm too good then for the AI in the actual race...

Platform
    PC
    35 i am clearly not very good. lol.
    Steam: Francis013 / GPU: GTX 1080 / CPU: i7 6700k 4.5ghz / RAM: 16 GB / VR: Rift / Wheel: G29

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm not that fast either, 30 is fine, unless I seriously practice and qualify, then 60.

My highest win is ginetta career race in scotland 60 difficulty, was super fun. Highest 1 lap vs 1 car win gt3 monza 79 difficulty. I also like to lower difficulty, have lots of oponents, skip qualifying/practice, and just have a race to 1st position, all the way from the back, with lots of full action packed overtaking. Super fun!

Endurance racing, I really have to fine tune difficulty during qualifying to my preference, setting stable lap times and then tuning ai to match in that in the middle of that pack, cause a long race, you dont want it to be too easy, but not too hard either. I love Silverstone GP endurance racing, love it. Sometimes I even set up 120 difficulty Silverstone endurance race of 1 hour, retire to pitbox, and just watch all the fun action, almost like watching a real race! Amazing, awesome stuff. Totally bunkers!

Addaptive AI difficulty would be allot allot of fun for this game. Seen it in other race sims and works flawlessly, even better than I can ever fine tune difficulty for each track and race individualy in hours of trying.
    Your practice time causes game to choose difficulty of AI, qualify, race, always perfect difficulty. Always a perfect challenge, even if you keep getting better. Without having to do all the difficulty tuning, you can enjoy non stop fun racing competing for every single position, always.
    Last edited by CSL-Drive; 09-01-2018 at 20:20.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Francisnf, sas5320

Platform
    PC
    I generally run 90 skill and 70 aggression at the moment. I dont win every race, but it's usually a good fight no matter what if I dont win.
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing
    The following 3 users likes this Post: comieodor, deluca_pabloj, GenBrien