Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Career....lets talk about it. What difficulty do you use?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I fluctuate between 40-100 all depends on the cars and tracks. Aggression i leave at 40.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I started in the FR as well, and when i tried doing Knockhill, i had to lower the AI all the way down to 40. And even then it was tough. Then i kept increasing the AI level, but i'm still beating them. It's kinda hard finding a setting that's right. You have to keep moving it for every track.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Formula Renault career - I was down to 30 until I fixed the breaks locking up, and steering ratio, now up to 50 and coming 2nd. I know I can get better and go further. I give up on qualifying as it seems that AI is much harder there on the same settings. Funny how at the start I can leapfrog many coming into the first corner, but throughout the race they can accelerate as good as I can. fps is around the 45 mark so that can be improved too. aggression around 50. my aggression is around 110. damage and tyre wear off for now.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    agression 70
    skills between 70 and 105 depending of track/cars
    race lenght 100%

started in Kart-FR-GT5-GT4-Lambo
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690

Platform
    PC
    I started in Formula Rookie at 85 AI level, 65 agression, did every pole and won every race very easily, but for the next round with the Radical with the same AI settings, I really have big difficulties, I'm always last on the grid at least one on two seconds behind on Donington and Brands Hatch, especially under the rain. I drive in VR and T500rs with every assists off. I'll keep on trying some more before I lower the difficulty though.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It varies between 60-100. I keep aggression at 50.
    Ive done everything in the lower sections, rally, touring etc.
    I'm in the gt5 series now. First 2 races were fairly easy at 100, the next two I had to lower to 85-90 and even then I struggled to get first, qualified around 10th.
    Usually I'm the 80 range though.
    Asus Rog strix gtx 1070 / i5 6600k @4.2 / 16gb ram.
    Fanatec csw base v2 / porsche 918 rs wheel / clubsport pedals v3. Openwheeler racing seat. Oculus rift.

Platform
    PC
    I use 90-95 skill, depending how I feel, and I do them TOCA Race Driver style, short and starting from the back, to keep it really interesting and challenging It really messes up my championship runs at times but tbh I wouldn't have it any other way, it's just a call back to the games I grew up with.
    The following user likes this Post: joedakiss

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I started in Ginetta Juniors, I think with skill at 85 and aggression at 80.

Then moved on the Clio Cup and pumped the skill up to 90, and have been putting it up a notch every couple of races ever since. I'm now in the Porsche Cayman Cup, and have AI skill at 98 and aggression at 95.

This has worked well for me. I have to use the whole practice session though to get up to speed for qualifying, my first laps at a new circuit are typically 5+ seconds off the pace - and then to get anywhere near pole in qualifying I am pushing at the absolute limit. Typically I can get a potential lap within the pole time, but usually struggle to put the whole lap together and end up somewhere in the first 3 rows.

In a dry race I'm usually quick enough to win if I'm consistent enough, but it does depend on the track somewhat and getting a good start (which is usually easy). I actually have found the AI skill has been pretty consistent between tracks in both the Clio and Cayman Cups and I don't fiddle with it between tracks aside from slowly moving the skill level up as I get a bit better - I'm just assuming that any variation is down to me and my style suiting some tracks better than others. A high aggression setting seems to be fine, haven't had any issues getting borked by the AI.

PS: The Clio Cup series is just ridiculously good fun - it's criminal that SMS made it so short!
    XBOX ONE X LOGITECH G920

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The fact that the AI races at completely different levels in different track and car combos kills the career mode for me. This means that unless I re-run each race after tuning the difficulty I'll usually either win easily or lose with no hope of winning. There's no real challenge to it if you have to change the difficulty each race in order to have a competitive race.
    For a career mode to be interesting to me it needs to have a gradual difficulty progression so that I feel like I'm achieving something by working my way through the rounds, and currently it's not like that at all.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ortazel, pa_pinkelman, peterCars, Rhino_WJB

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    100/80 but sometimes I lower the 100 to 90 as some races its virtually impossible to match the AI times.