Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Devs, I have a solution to your license and e-sports problem

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PoL View Post
    LoL. I think this thread went full retard. Never go full retard.
    Anyway you have contributed. I reference this post made by cpcdem

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1453545
    Lol, well... I still feel that loosing points for retiring to pits, game crashing, loosing points to cheaters and trolls absolutely benefits no one.

If the system is there to represent your performance than none of these things that can lead to loss of your performance that actually are not performance related should exist.

Easiest way to do that is by not deducting points and just going with a different point system. But seems that I am in the extreme minority that feels this way.

Will just have to continue on this path or not play if I donít agree with it as SMS wonít be open to looking at alternatives.

So yeah, lol guess the thread went full retard. Was very pointless

Platform
    PC
    In high speed situation its often not easy to see who is the troll and for the program its also not easy to make the right choice.

In following situation ( league race with all members in Teamspeak channel ) both drivers complained about the troll in the red Ferrari, that checked them.
    After this slow motion replay both apologised.

I think everything is clear from this view, but in their own restrickted cockpit view they thought they were right just in the moment.
    In many public races i saw similar situations where the wrong people complain.

BTW: since that race, proximi indicator is obligate in our events.

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080 8GB OS Win 10 pro x64 V1703 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49" / ACER H6220BD projector
    Base Thrustmaster T500 | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, F1 | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo675 View Post
    I love the cars, tracks and handling model of PC2 but the online racing license system should be improved

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-problem/page2

I just found this topic posted which kind of addresses our questions on how the system works. This is a ridiculous bug and should apparently be fixed in Patch 1.4 according to the WMD/SMS members.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I totally agree with Campo675 when he states "I still feel that loosing points for retiring to pits, game crashing, loosing points to cheaters and trolls absolutely benefits no one." This is mainly the reason that a friend of mine - and me also from time to time - gets so frustrated during online racing that he 's thinking about quitting playing PC2 overall! This means that I loose a hobby too because I love the Saturdays that we meet and race against each other and others (if not trolls!) during online races.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A couple of points about the OP
    People can cheat this system so easily:2 players,1 lap of Knockhill Tri-Oval,swap positions each time,picking up 43 points every 5 minutes.
    Also,the system means that new players don't have a chance of competing with other quick drivers unless quick drivers do slow driver lobbies.
    You talk about real life points-the majority of global series do different points so does that mean that NASCAR races are worth more than FA or Ginetta Junior more than LMP1.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Why is everybody focussing on the license system so much?

I buy games to have fun...
    And true you don't want to get rammed of the circuit.

Same as for 1st person shooters. Joining a multiplayer session always have some jokers in your team.

When i played fps games, i joined a community.
    They had rules and a pw protected server. So no jokers there. And some orginised warfare.

Back to racing, join a online community for organised racing. And join a (random) server when 'you just want to race' And from there you just have to put up whats in there. (Even the jokers)

The system will never be to everybody's liking. When X is implemented, person Y disagrees with his system. So this will be a never ending story..
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, PoL, satco1066

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Everyone has days when they drop points.. and sometimes it's not down to anything you can control.. but, everyone is in the same boat and eventually the scores should even out. Whether that means you get to play in the big league, or turn out to just be a jobbing club racer, it is what it is..

Attachment 248589
    Wtf? How the fux you earned 69 points in one race?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOJUNGLA View Post
    Language, please, no matter how flabberghasted you are
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOJUNGLA View Post
    I'm not sure the chart tracks race by race, if you do 3 races in quick succession it may be counted as one improvement when you log out.

But you can technically do it in one race, if you are low rating (like a 1300 against 1500) or low in relation to your opponents. (1500 against 1750)
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    lol