Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Devs, I have a solution to your license and e-sports problem

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Also, I just want to Thank you Mad Al ad Pol for commenting and replying to my posts, its very great to see you guys active in discussions about this and can only result in better and smoother experiences for us
    The following user likes this Post: PoL

You lost points... sh*t happens.

As for your current number being under what it should, in that case you should have no problem increasing it.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    XBOX1
    This thread is once again proof that there must be some in-game info referring to the forums where the Competitive Racing License is explained in details.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Campo675, stay awesome.

The WMD guys did their research I'm dogmatically convinced of that. I actually agree with the majority of your points and the other guys comments too. I feel that it would be valid for WMD to do some 'balancing' of the points system or at least provide more info to the users. (instead of just this one page)

At least threads like this should raise a discussion point on the current ranking system.
    WMD Dev's .. please refine our scoring.. I promise you I'm actually pro!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo675 View Post
    So its relative performances loosing points because when you need to retire to pits because somebody scrapped your car?
    You won't lose points if you retire to pits and watch the race, just don't leave the lobby (well i think it works that way, i've done it twice and didn't get penalized). When the game came out, i've rage quitted a few times and quickly learned to never do it again
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP SONY HW30ES / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wesker6664 View Post
    You won't lose points if you retire to pits and watch the race, just don't leave the lobby (well i think it works that way, i've done it twice and didn't get penalized). When the game came out, i've rage quitted a few times and quickly learned to never do it again
    Well, I lost points... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	points.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	248585 from 1559 to 1529. so if it was not from retiring to pits then it must have been because I got rammed into the wall passing a guy on the straight as I explained in my previous post on another thread

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I am sitting on 85 online race starts with 10 wins, 35 podiums, 45 top 5... not the best stats ever but I the points I lost werent because I was finishing 13th or 14th etc. they were almost all because of bugs, trolls bashing my car up or other unfair incidents that did not reflect my potential at all

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stats.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	248586

I have many single player races, but I have VR and the only one in the family and group of friends and neighbours with a VR headset and wheel etc. so many of the single player stats are from people coming over to race and feel VR. Actually really great to see how much people enjoy it!

( I did not post these stats because I think I'm good or I think I suck, I just posted it for added visual information to aid in explaining my idea)
    Last edited by Campo675; 10-01-2018 at 14:56.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo675 View Post
    I am sitting on 85 online race starts with 10 wins, 35 podiums, 45 top 5... not the best stats ever but I the points I lost werent because I was finishing 13th or 14th etc. they were almost all because of bugs, trolls bashing my car up or other unfair incidents that did not reflect my potential at all
    Agreed, it sucks when this happens, but it happens to everybody, so it's not that the system is unfair to you.In my opinion the right question to ask is how to get rid of those trolls or avoid them, not how to change the rating system. Also to point (..) out that some more fixes are necessary, in order to avoid points removed due to bugs. But as I said, this happens to everybody anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PoL, rich1e I

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Agreed, it sucks when this happens, but it happens to everybody, so it's not that the system is unfair to you.In my opinion the right question to ask is how to get rid of those trolls or avoid them, not how to change the rating system. Also to point (..) out that some more fixes are necessary, in order to avoid points removed due to bugs. But as I said, this happens to everybody anyway.
    I definitely did not mention this because I feel that it is only unfair to me, lol. I mention this as I think there is a better way to do it. I am not a coder or developer but I cant imagine it being easier to sort out a system that gives points when it should and not deduct when it shouldnt or deduct when it should, moderate every single incident on track, calculate if whos fault it was, how hard the impact was, was it deliberate etc etc. (it cant be easy thing to write and I do have great respect for the amount of work needed to do something like this.) vs. just not deducting points... all the incidents that are currently happening will still happen, but for the people on the receiving end it wouldnt feel like a double wammy

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK, so what do you suggest should be done to avoid people quitting races when they see they do not win? In the first game, this was a nightmare, we had races that started with 20+ people and only 3-4 remained till the end. The current system of deducing points when not finishing the races has been working brilliantly in that matter so far, usually more than 75% of the players stay till the end.

It worked also for me personally, at some point I was also very angry about the trolls or idiots, so that when they rammed me, I just quit, instead of returning the favor. At some point I reached 1200 ranking or lower and did not care at all, but when I saw that there are events that require high rating, I changed my mind