Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Devs, I have a solution to your license and e-sports problem

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    You lost points... sh*t happens.

As for your current number being under what it should, in that case you should have no problem increasing it.
    Well... dang... thats a bit spicy but guess I can and should take it considering some of my post.

I do not believe that I am good, I wish I was...

also, about the loosing points shit happens... That kinda not a very nice response considering that currently loosing points is not just a matter of oh well, it actually prevents me from entering some of the challenges. So PC2 puts great importance on having points and exclude people based on those points. I am only putting importance on the points because PC2 puts importance on the points.

Something I thought about that might ring true to some of the posts and the relationships between company and clients: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" the more marketing buzz that gets created, the more emphasis there is on how great a game is, how competitive it will be etc. the more passionate the people will react when those statements do not match the experience.

This statement holds true in all parts of life, with everything. So Please realize that if it was the purpose of all the marketing was to create a passionate need to buy and play the game... if the marketing succeeded... the clients will react strongly and passionately on forums etc.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    OK, so what do you suggest should be done to avoid people quitting races when they see they do not win? In the first game, this was a nightmare, we had races that started with 20+ people and only 3-4 remained till the end. The current system of deducing points when not finishing the races has been working brilliantly in that matter so far, usually more than 75% of the players stay till the end.

It worked also for me personally, at some point I was also very angry about the trolls or idiots, so that when they rammed me, I just quit, instead of returning the favor. At some point I reached 1200 ranking or lower and did not care at all, but when I saw that there are events that require high rating, I changed my mind
    lol, no in fact in my first post I actually literally say I did not quit the race because I feel that behavior should be punished. In my post on another thread I mention this incident, I already had to go into the pits to repair my car once after a first corner incident where somebody came from the back of the pack without brakes and took me and the 2nd placed guy out. Then after catching back up to the pack and passing a driver on the start finish straight, as I came alongside him he turned into me and crashed us into the pit wall. I decided its pointless to go into the pits and repair a second time as the race was almost done and I wanted to avoid getting rammed again to protect my rating. I think retiring to the pit was the right thing to do

*Edit* not in response to the quote

also consider the following, isnt there perhaps a chance that the current system limits the car classes and tracks we find in lobbies? If guys want to increase their ranking and do not want to loose points, chances are they will only enter (or create) lobbies choosing a car and a track combo that they know they are good with. Instead of creating an environment where you give it a car/track combo a go that you either dont know or arent good with, because you dont have to worry about loosing points. And joining a lobby that has the ratings set on off is an absolute nightmare if you want to actually race.
    Last edited by Campo675; 10-01-2018 at 15:46.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    As I said before, so this is that thing that should "fixed". We must find a way to get rid of the trolls, or to not allow them to mess with our races anymore. It will all work much better afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Campo675 View Post
    Well... dang... thats a bit spicy but guess I can and should take it considering some of my post.

I do not believe that I am good, I wish I was...

also, about the loosing points shit happens... That kinda not a very nice response considering that currently loosing points is not just a matter of oh well, it actually prevents me from entering some of the challenges. So PC2 puts great importance on having points and exclude people based on those points. I am only putting importance on the points because PC2 puts importance on the points.

Something I thought about that might ring true to some of the posts and the relationships between company and clients: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" the more marketing buzz that gets created, the more emphasis there is on how great a game is, how competitive it will be etc. the more passionate the people will react when those statements do not match the experience.

This statement holds true in all parts of life, with everything. So Please realize that if it was the purpose of all the marketing was to create a passionate need to buy and play the game... if the marketing succeeded... the clients will react strongly and passionately on forums etc.
    Everyone has days when they drop points.. and sometimes it's not down to anything you can control.. but, everyone is in the same boat and eventually the scores should even out. Whether that means you get to play in the big league, or turn out to just be a jobbing club racer, it is what it is..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	license.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	248589

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Everyone has days when they drop points.. and sometimes it's not down to anything you can control.. but, everyone is in the same boat and eventually the scores should even out. Whether that means you get to play in the big league, or turn out to just be a jobbing club racer, it is what it is..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	license.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	248589
    it is what it is indeed, and I guess I knew that it would be very unlikely that the rating system will change from what it is. I am def. a club racer lol, but I'm not upset about that. I guess I just feel that maybe this rating system is just too complex to really have control over. But then again, I am not a developer, so maybe in the next patch or two all these problems will be sorted as its not just trolls. Its the other problems I mentioned also. If these things can indeed be controlled then it probably will be a good system.

Oh well, I at least tried to make a positive type of post with a possible solution instead of just going crazy on the forum.

Platform
    PC
    There are definitely pros and cons to both a rating system like we have and a points system. Neither is perfect and both really indicate past performance. Or more accurately prior performance. Even in a rating system if I finish 1st in 100 GT5 races and have a high safety and skill level that is no indication of how well I will do in an open wheel race or LMP race. It seems as if there should be some adjustment to indicate skill level based on a level playing field.

Say we take AI at 100 skill rating as the default standard. Then skill should be based on consistently outperforming that AI skill level rather than some random player in the lobby. Even when crashing in a 10 lap race. Say it is a T1 incident then I might go into the pits so both lap 1 and 2 will be slow but if I then put in 8 laps with laptimes better than what would be expected from AI 100 then I should get points for a high skill level. This will help to even things out so someone who races in a lobby with low skill level players can still gain the same amount of points as one who enters a lobby with high level racers.

The other advantage of a system like this is that consistency and lap times get evaluated equally regardless of disconnects or other failures from the server or locally.

I've been in many lobbies with high safety ratings but then the skill levels are below my current level. Yes, it is great to race with them since I rarely get into accidents but increasing my skill then becomes much more difficult. The driver that is able to qualify in 1st, pull away from the pack and finish 1st should be compensated according to his skill and not his ability to come from behind and overtake lower ranked drivers.

And potentially adding a class designation to the skill might help. I would think that my skill level is much higher in GT cars and TC cars than open wheel. I just don't usually drive open wheel cars and tend to join lobbies with GT and TC classes.

I think you have some good ideas but I tend to agree that going to a completely different system doesn't seem likely. Rather adapting the current system to something a bit more objective rather than subjective could benefit all.
    Steam: DuskyDemon
    | Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Thrustmaster TX Ferrari GTE Wheel | Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals | Oculus Rift |

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Say we take AI at 100 skill rating as the default standard. Then skill should be based on consistently outperforming that AI skill level rather than some random player in the lobby. Even when crashing in a 10 lap race. Say it is a T1 incident then I might go into the pits so both lap 1 and 2 will be slow but if I then put in 8 laps with laptimes better than what would be expected from AI 100 then I should get points for a high skill level. This will help to even things out so someone who races in a lobby with low skill level players can still gain the same amount of points as one who enters a lobby with high level racers.

The other advantage of a system like this is that consistency and lap times get evaluated equally regardless of disconnects or other failures from the server or locally.

I've been in many lobbies with high safety ratings but then the skill levels are below my current level. Yes, it is great to race with them since I rarely get into accidents but increasing my skill then becomes much more difficult. The driver that is able to qualify in 1st, pull away from the pack and finish 1st should be compensated according to his skill and not his ability to come from behind and overtake lower ranked drivers.

Wow, I think your idea is brilliant! Especially considering what we mentioned about the difficulties of completely chainging the system. And your point about the safety rating in relation to your skill ranking is spot on.

Possibly also, with the online time challenges, currently you are only locked out based on skill points and it’s open to U safety ratings. Maybe putting that up to at least an A or B. Will promote people to drive better too

I did mention it in a previous post but will again to get clarity with regards to this. In the race that I retired to the pits after getting rammed a second time, did I loose points because the guys rammed me or was it because I retired to the pit? I think If one can retire to the pit without loosing points, will lead to allot less frustration
    Last edited by Campo675; 11-01-2018 at 19:14.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I did mention it in a previous post but will again to get clarity with regards to this. In the race that I retired to the pits after getting rammed a second time, did I loose points because the guys rammed me or was it because I retired to the pit? I think If one can retire to the pit without loosing points, will lead to allot less frustration
    Why would you lose points because someone rammed you? That could have a (small) impact on the safety ranking (due to the contact), but why would it affect the performance ranking at all? Of course it is not this that affected your points.

About retiring to pits, I am not sure if that action by itself loses you a lot of points now, but at least it should lose you as many points as if you had normally finished the race in last position. And if there were a lot of people racing in the lobby, then that could still mean a lot of points!

Actually all that is explained in a video posted by the devs, but I'm not so sure if that actually works like that in practice. For example, it's supposed to be that if you're in the first places in the last laps and for some reason you're out of the race, then points loss should be minimal. But couple days ago when Steam went down in the last corner of the last lap, both myself and another guy who were in the first 2 places lost 25 points..

Platform
    PC
    Oh well, I at least tried to make a positive type of post with a possible solution instead of just going crazy on the forum.
    LoL. I think this thread went full retard. Never go full retard.
    Anyway you have contributed. I reference this post made by cpcdem

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1453545
    Last edited by PoL; 12-01-2018 at 12:53.

Platform
    PC
    Yorkie uploaded a video last year explaining everything down to the tee if you still have any unanswered questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFDKD99SKg