Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xbox One Performance Issues?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm now looking at other options as im fed up of spending more time trying to get the game to run right than actually playing it.

It seems to be either XB1X for costs, graphics and ease of use, or a gaming PC with a GTX1070 and VR, but the graphics only seem to be a bit better than XB1 graphics when using VR, plus its a big investment just for VR gaming, is VR worth it?

Maybe patch 4 will sort out all the XB1 issues haha
    Last edited by Gav88888; 12-01-2018 at 15:18.
    The following user likes this Post: Just Another Frog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Frog View Post
    Hmm, I might be inclined to disagree with you on that one because my personal feeling is that Project Cars 1 in it's finished state is by far and away the best racing game I've played since forza 4.
    preach

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    I'm now looking at other options as im fed up of spending more time trying to get the game to run right than actually playing it.

It seems to be either XB1X for costs, graphics and ease of use, or a gaming PC with a GTX1070 and VR, but the graphics only seem to be a bit better than XB1 graphics when using VR, plus its a big investment just for VR gaming, is VR worth it?

Maybe patch 4 will sort out all the XB1 issues haha
    When PC2 was released it ran well in the XBox One Standard. They designed it based upon the specifications that Microsoft had given them. While the game was optimized to run best on the One X, it had to meet the specs to run on the existing platform, and it did, even after the second patch. Then Microsoft updated their dashboard for the XBox One to support all the 4K BS that the XBox One X has. Everyone got this update regardless of whether you own the One Standard, One S, or One X. No one knew exactly how big this update was going to be. The bloatware resides in your system RAM regardless of whether you're using it or not because it has to be ready for when you activate that big X button. So now PC Cars 2 has less RAM and graphics processing available, and I think this is the problem. This is not SMS' fault.

Regarding VR: have you ever gotten a migraine? Because I suffer from them, I'm serious about this because the refresh rate on VR isn't there yet, plus they use LEDs and you'll need to wear something that filters the blue back lighting.

Back to the One X: A good PC gaming system will cost you some money. You can trade in your XBox One and get about $100 - 150 back on it depending upon any special offers. Normally it's $100 back, so that drops the price to $400. But it only comes with a 1TB drive, so unless you're disciplined about uninstalling games you aren't playing, that thing can fill up especially when the X starts adding the 4K support even if you don't have a 4K TV. The internal HD on the One X is 7200 RPM and most external HDs are 5400 RPM. You probably want a 7200 RPM External drive. I just picked up one of these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/d2-4TB - good deal if you're in the States.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by julia-6 View Post
    When PC2 was released it ran well in the XBox One Standard.
    Wrong !!! I found this topic written in september in "xboxracer". https://www.xboxracer.com/test-de-pr...rs-2-xbox-one/
    Sorry it's in french but I'll copy 2 automatic translations from extracts of this text:

When we see Digital Foundry who tells us that the framerate is stable on Playstation 4 Pro with the worst weather conditions and thirty cars in the race but that the PS4 standard version to framerate drops with screen tearing , we wonder if the game Slightly Mad Studios does not ask too much resources. But Andy Tudor has announced since its presentation that Project Cars 2 will benefit from the additional power of the next Microsoft console so hope for an Xbox One X version of the game nickel.
    we wonder why developers have not decreased the number of cars racing on Xbox One
    The problem was clearly known and describe immediately after the game launch and the editor did not warn of the problem. It's clearly a desinformation.

I'd like to read explications from a SMS members.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by julia-6 View Post
    When PC2 was released it ran well in the XBox One Standard. They designed it based upon the specifications that Microsoft had given them. While the game was optimized to run best on the One X, it had to meet the specs to run on the existing platform, and it did, even after the second patch. Then Microsoft updated their dashboard for the XBox One to support all the 4K BS that the XBox One X has. Everyone got this update regardless of whether you own the One Standard, One S, or One X. No one knew exactly how big this update was going to be. The bloatware resides in your system RAM regardless of whether you're using it or not because it has to be ready for when you activate that big X button. So now PC Cars 2 has less RAM and graphics processing available, and I think this is the problem. This is not SMS' fault.

Regarding VR: have you ever gotten a migraine? Because I suffer from them, I'm serious about this because the refresh rate on VR isn't there yet, plus they use LEDs and you'll need to wear something that filters the blue back lighting.

Back to the One X: A good PC gaming system will cost you some money. You can trade in your XBox One and get about $100 - 150 back on it depending upon any special offers. Normally it's $100 back, so that drops the price to $400. But it only comes with a 1TB drive, so unless you're disciplined about uninstalling games you aren't playing, that thing can fill up especially when the X starts adding the 4K support even if you don't have a 4K TV. The internal HD on the One X is 7200 RPM and most external HDs are 5400 RPM. You probably want a 7200 RPM External drive. I just picked up one of these: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/d2-4TB - good deal if you're in the States.
    As has been said the game didn't work from the start, just look over the forums to see the details people had back then, myself included. I haven't been able to do any career progression due to the next championship having over 16 cars, that has been a problem since the start as well as tons of other things that are slowly getting fixed... Maybe its a ploy to get more people to buy a 1X?

But I see what your saying about VR, done tons of research since posting this and really, you can do VR really cheaply if you just want to get the experience, people playing PC1 or AC using lower end GPUs are having fun, but it looks terrible, so unless you want to get something like a 1070 as a minimum your going to struggle to have a game that looks half decent...

For me I know that if I got a 1070 and VR, which is top end of my budget, I would be happy for a while, enjoying the experience like so many others, but once that honeymoon period is over and playing in VR is routine it will start to grate on me, not being able to run max grids, not being able to use the weather effects with max grids, having to lower the details or limit the FPS to 45, maybe not even doing the career mode without turning all the settings down to allow me to race against larger grids will really pee me off, its basically what I have now on XB1 and that annoys the hell out of me, having to make compromises just to play the game.

So really for me, right now with the price of GPUs and VR tech being at the level it is, and taking a sensible approach the XB1X looks a far better option, it allows me to do everything that I want, just no VR, but it's not a lot of money if you compare it to a PC with VR, or even just a PC of similar spec like the GTX1060.

I got a 1TB XB1 and still 400GB free, so not an issue right now I doubt but I will remember about the 7200 RPM drive when expanding the HDD.
    Last edited by Gav88888; 15-01-2018 at 10:37.