Thread: YouTube Video Feedback

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

YouTube Video Feedback

Hi all,

I thought Id dive into the world of YouTube videos recently and as Project CARS 2 is my game / sim of choice at the moment it felt like the best place to start.

Ive only uploaded a couple of videos so far, but Im really keen to get any and all feedback on the videos to improve wherever I can, so if you can provide any Id be extremely grateful.

https://youtu.be/jq1VFPENib4

Any and all thoughts are welcomed, so please do let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not too bad. You keep saying that the tyres are cold or not up to temperature, but you start on hot tyres
    You can even see the temperatures on the display all being above 80 degrees Celsius.

Didn't watch the entire video and might subscribe in the future if you get an actual wheel. Commentary seemed pretty OK.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate the feedback.

I know what you mean about starting on hot tyres, I guess I just take a few corners to get everything up to proper working temp.

A wheel is definitely on the to-do list, hopefully in the not-too-distant future. This is my first attempt at commentary, so still getting used to doing it so hopefully that should improve somewhat with coming videos.

Thanks again

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubez View Post
    Hi all,

I thought Id dive into the world of YouTube videos recently and as Project CARS 2 is my game / sim of choice at the moment it felt like the best place to start.

Ive only uploaded a couple of videos so far, but Im really keen to get any and all feedback on the videos to improve wherever I can, so if you can provide any Id be extremely grateful.

https://youtu.be/jq1VFPENib4

Any and all thoughts are welcomed, so please do let me know.

Thanks a lot!
    First, let me say I couldn't do this. As a self proclaimed man of few words I admire people who can do commentary on videos so kudos to you. I always silently dreamed of being a hockey commentator but alas it's not in my nature Having said that, here's my honest opinion. Your biggest weakness is simply in spending so much time talking about what is happening on screen. If you go off track or cars collide or whatever happens, we can see it so there's no need for you to describe it. Your focus is almost always on the immediate, the now. What I'd rather see is more of your feelings or impressions or strategy decisions being talked about at length. For example, around 4:00 you're crossing the bridge and you lose the back end a bit under braking into the corner. I see a lot of noobs online make the same mistake. Why? As a viewer I'd like to know why that happened. Were you turning as you were braking? Is it a trait of that particular car? What effect did the change in elevation have and how does that play out in terms of car racing physics? When you go back the next lap did you make adjustments and if so what? What changes did you make to braking/throttle/steering to get a different result? Were the adjustments successful? What effect did that mistake have on your laptime (easy to figure out by pulling up the HUD with the lap time delta and see how it changes from that corner to the next)?

Overall you're off to a decent start in that you can continue talking for so long but I'd like to see/here more analysis, more thoughts and impressions and less description of what we can already see in front of us. That's the beauty of video, it takes care of the here and now so it gives you the opportunity to share what is in your head as you drive. You have the gift of gab so gab away about what's happening in the gray matter
    "Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. .. But more important for me is that he was the most genuine person I have ever known." - Jody Scheckter