Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 24h of Daytona

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakiboom View Post
    It's ok for me
    Cool, so one participant confirmed!
    Last edited by rich1e I; 12-01-2018 at 19:07.

WMD Member
    Would join but im ps4 however you have inspired me so thanks very much. Ive just invested in a g29 wheel and although im good with a controller im finding the transition tough. I want some focus to get use to the wheel and you have inspired me. I will choose a car from the race, practice the track this week and set up an offline version with yiur settings hopefully next weekend if ive done enough practice and settling into the wheel. Thanks for giving me a project to help learn the wheel transition, its been difficult flitting from car to car and track to track especially when i cant get much time to play at the moment.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Interesting.. If this Race gets going, I'll join in a Ferrari.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by DozUK View Post
    Would join but im ps4 however you have inspired me so thanks very much. Ive just invested in a g29 wheel and although im good with a controller im finding the transition tough. I want some focus to get use to the wheel and you have inspired me. I will choose a car from the race, practice the track this week and set up an offline version with yiur settings hopefully next weekend if ive done enough practice and settling into the wheel. Thanks for giving me a project to help learn the wheel transition, its been difficult flitting from car to car and track to track especially when i cant get much time to play at the moment.
    Nice! Good decision to get a wheel. Once you get used to it, you're not going to regret it, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    Interesting.. If this Race gets going, I'll join in a Ferrari.
    There even are 2 Ferraris to choose from ;-)

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I ran this with my league. We did 2.4 hours of Daytona, and Le Mans... about 2:20 mins with 10x Time acceleration pretty exciting stuff if you can manage more than 10 people in a lobby, Good luck with that, Multiplayer on this game with the Xbox Platform has pretty much killed any Xbox leagues and online play.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Cool mate. If you decide to schedule it anywhere in between 5pm to 8pm your time on a friday then I can likely join. Doubt it will be optimal for many people though; that is 11am to 2pm EST for us in NA. Anyways, let me know!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    I ran this with my league. We did 2.4 hours of Daytona, and Le Mans... about 2:20 mins with 10x Time acceleration pretty exciting stuff if you can manage more than 10 people in a lobby, Good luck with that, Multiplayer on this game with the Xbox Platform has pretty much killed any Xbox leagues and online play.
    Yeah Le Mans is the pinnacle of endurance racing. Must have been an exciting experience. Concerning lobby stability, we will have to see. First we need to get enough people in the race, if later someone disconnects there's nothing we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Everfast View Post
    Cool mate. If you decide to schedule it anywhere in between 5pm to 8pm your time on a friday then I can likely join. Doubt it will be optimal for many people though; that is 11am to 2pm EST for us in NA. Anyways, let me know!
    Alright, as I said we first need to see if we can get enough people for the race. After that we can work out all the other details, race start, lobby settings etc.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Such a good idea. That’s the kind of event I love!
    If you manage to accommodate EST time zone (GMT-5) i’m Really in! Add me, Badj9, even if this event doesn’t happen, i’m Sure we can make up something later. I love recreating this kind of real event.

One thing though, with a maximum of 16 players, I think it should be separated in 2 categories and not 3 (LMP2 and GTE)running against only 4 or 5 people isn’t really motivating.
    Last edited by badj; 15-01-2018 at 14:26.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by badj View Post
    Such a good idea. That’s the kind of event I love!
    If you manage to accommodate EST time zone (GMT-5) i’m Really in! Add me, Badj9, even if this event doesn’t happen, i’m Sure we can make up something later. I love recreating this kind of real event.

One thing though, with a maximum of 16 players, I think it should be separated in 2 categories and not 3 (LMP2 and GTE)running against only 4 or 5 people isn’t really motivating.
    Yep this is also true. I wanted to keep it as in RL, but maybe it's better to have only 2 classes competing as the grid size is limited on Xbox. Regarding the time there's another guy in the EST time zone, but he's only able to race on Friday 26, between 11am and 2pm EST. It'd be fine with me, don't know about all other people.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Updated opening post