Thread: AI braking on apex

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

AI braking on apex

Please delete if already mentioned.

Iím on one x. When doing multiclass races with full grids, I find that when the quicker cars catch the slower cars, rather than ease off or blend in, the faster cars get caught up in braking zones begins the slower cars and then brake hard on the apex. This causes me to run into them really hard. Need looking at?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by P4ULR7DER78 View Post
    Please delete if already mentioned.

I’m on one x. When doing multiclass races with full grids, I find that when the quicker cars catch the slower cars, rather than ease off or blend in, the faster cars get caught up in braking zones begins the slower cars and then brake hard on the apex. This causes me to run into them really hard. Need looking at?
    Could you please specify the track and the cars / classes?
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA≤ GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you are left foot braking you should be able to match their apex braking. Keep the throttle half down if you're losing traction while doing this. Use the brakes to dip the nose into the corner more as you go along and keep adding speed till you overshoot. It doesn't sound like the AI are doing anything wrong, they claim the apex and brake for the proper line. You hitting them is indicative of you not paying enough attention and going too fast. ATMO

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by l Rilla l View Post
    If you are left foot braking you should be able to match their apex braking. Keep the throttle half down if you're losing traction while doing this. Use the brakes to dip the nose into the corner more as you go along and keep adding speed till you overshoot. It doesn't sound like the AI are doing anything wrong, they claim the apex and brake for the proper line. You hitting them is indicative of you not paying enough attention and going too fast. ATMO

Nah mate. The au are stopping on apex.

Example being LMP1 2 and GT3 race.

Whilst getting lapped at monza by LMP1 cars. LMP1 get held up by slower cars on corner entry (ie ascari) and slam on. Brake lights and all. The cars they were held up by pull away significantly.

So no. Nota case of crap driving by me - itís the ai coming to crawl on apex if not passing slower car.

Itís as though they enter offline and then need to recalibrate before continuing.