Thread: Host exits - race never "ends"

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Host exits - race never "ends"

Guys, is it a known to SMS bug that when the host exits the session during/just after the race, then the results/save replay screen is never shown and the only thing the remaining drivers can do is to completely exit the session and server, too? Every car gets driven by the AI to the pits and then stay there until manually exiting (and a confirmation dialog is shown, saying that all progress will be lost).
    This is happening very often, happened just now as well, the host left I think just after he crossed the finish line, or a little time before that. In case it is not a known problem, do you need more information about it from us?

Platform
    PC
    I can't answer your question about whether it's known to SMS, but I think something similar happens if the host exits a practice or quali session, it seems that once the timer elapses everyone is just sat around waiting to progress to the next stage of the event - but nothing happens. Either that or the person who "inherits" the race is unaware they need to hit Continue.
    i5 6600k | MSI Z170A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 500gb 850 EVO | Fractal Design Define S | Liquid cooled | W10 x64 | T300 RS GT

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the reply. I think what happens is that nobody gets the option to press Continue. A few times after that happened, I remained in the server, just to check if something would change. Every person one by one left the server, until I was the only one remaining in the server, so obviously the host now, but nothing changed to me, was still in the pits unable to press any key to continue and race results still did not show. Only thing I could do is Exit the server, with the game warning me about doing that.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakNine View Post
    I can't answer your question about whether it's known to SMS, but I think something similar happens if the host exits a practice or quali session, it seems that once the timer elapses everyone is just sat around waiting to progress to the next stage of the event - but nothing happens. Either that or the person who "inherits" the race is unaware they need to hit Continue.
    I wish that the end of the race results screen would auto-continue, say after 15 seconds.... So many lobbies abandoned on that screen because of host changes / Afk's and unresponsive buttons.

I stayed in the session for long enough in one such scenario whereby lots of people eventually left (you can tell by clicking on them, their profile doesn't show anymore). Eventually, I became the host and the continue button appeared as expected but was simply unresponsive. I had to Force close the game, so no doubt it wasn't somebody not realising.. just they couldn't click anything.

The lack of text chat on that screen is also a pita, imo.
    Last edited by FxUK; 12-01-2018 at 11:33.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by swsuk View Post
    I wish that the end of the race would auto-continue, say after 15 seconds.... So many lobbies abandoned on that screen because of host changes / Afk's and unresponsive buttons.
    Agreed - the multiplayer is such good fun but this type of problem will put people off. I was in a multiplayer race last night that got screwed up because we were all stuck after the practice session waiting for quali to start - I think the host had a technical problem meaning they were no longer in the session. Would be interested to know if Devs are: A) aware of the issue, and B) planning a fix.
    i5 6600k | MSI Z170A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 500gb 850 EVO | Fractal Design Define S | Liquid cooled | W10 x64 | T300 RS GT