Thread: Circuit recommendation for BRDC British F3 / British GT

Platform
    PC

Circuit recommendation for BRDC British F3 / British GT

I'm thinking of going to a BRDC British F3 event, co-headlining with a British GT race later this year: http://www.britishf3.com/calendars/2018-calendar/

Rockingham, Snetterton and Silverstone are all in striking distance, does anyone have first-hand experience to say which of those three offers the best spectator experience and most exciting racing (i.e. good overtaking opportunities)?

I'd only be going for the Sunday, and we'd likely have a couple of kids in tow, so a circuit that offers them some fun stuff to do would be a bonus!
    Last edited by FlakNine; 12-01-2018 at 10:40.
    i5 6600k | MSI Z170A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 500gb 850 EVO | Fractal Design Define S | Liquid cooled | W10 x64 | T300 RS GT

Platform
    PC
    I can only talk about Snetterton, but its pretty good. Depending on the age of the children, its got a small play park next to Tyrrells restaurant (there is plenty of grass for nippers to run around and play on though). couple of swings and such like. Its also dead easy to find being right on the A11. Funny thing I have noticed, Tyrrells restaurant seems actually cheaper than the burger van on site (It gets mega-busy bang on lunch time though).

http://www.snetterton.co.uk/circuit-information.aspx

Heres a link to the site map.

I tend to view at the following spots:

Nelson: you see them come from your right under the bridge, then all the way round past the bomb hole.

Murrays: next to the toilet block, you basically see them come round from the bomb hole, over the crest at Coram, then disappear up the start finish straight.

The mound under Murrays on the track map (same reasons as above)

The mound opposite the pits

The mound between the Bentley Straight and Brundle: its slanted so you can sit and watch facing Brundle, as the other side was like a sheer cliff edge, but if you get to the top, you can see pretty much everything except whats obscured by the pit complex, so thats almost everything except the start/finish straight.

The mound between Palmers and Agostini: you can see everything from the pit exit, the new infield, and then when the cars go down the Bentley Straight to the bridge.

Last time i went to the British GT event was a good 4 years ago, it was the Saturday quali day (so a bit more quiet), and they didnt have much in the form of stalls selling merchandise, guess they saved it for the Sunday?

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by balderz002; 12-01-2018 at 10:59.
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following user likes this Post: FlakNine

Platform
    PC
    Rockingham tend to put on a lot of events and stuff on big race days so there may be more stuff for the kids to do if they tire of cars going 'brum brum'. The viewing is pretty good.

Donington is a great track with some good viewing spots (and lots of freedom to wonder around) but if it's cold and wet it can be a pretty miserable place (like all race tracks I guess).

I'd go for Rockingham to be honest. Rockingham castle is only a couple of miles away too, if the kids need some other form of entertainment
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE
    The following user likes this Post: FlakNine

Platform
    PC
    Cheers for the advice, much appreciated!
    i5 6600k | MSI Z170A SLI Plus | MSI GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 500gb 850 EVO | Fractal Design Define S | Liquid cooled | W10 x64 | T300 RS GT