Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Finding Online Races

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Trouble Finding Online Races

Hey all,
    I'm wanting to get my rating up so I can compete in some of the time challenges that require a rating of 1600 or more. The first time I went to the online hub to find a race, I couldn't find one to join for open wheel cars. I was filtering/searching and there were none for me to join.

Does anyone else have problems finding ranked races to join for the cars they enjoy?

I'm sure I could find a race to join, but it would probably be already in progress (what's the point) or some car I have never driven on a track I'm not familiar with.

Thanks,
    Doug

Platform
    PC
    There's usually around 50 (ish) lobbies available at any one time, for me anyway.
    Most are GT3 on Monza or a few other common tracks.

So, if you want to race something you enjoy, the best bet is to create your own lobby with a 10/15 min qualifying and hope people join. Being too restrictive on some things will leave you forever alone though, as in, some people don't want forced setups, forced single car (by class is better), forced assists, forced this/that/the other.

Also, If you get the timing right, most people leave the gt3/monza lobbies at the end of the race and search for new ones, hopefully something a bit different, so you might get ppl join.
    Not everybody likes hosting a lobby and being in control, so people might welcome something different, but not necessarily set it up themselves.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by swsuk View Post
    There's usually around 50 (ish) lobbies available at any one time, for me anyway.
    Most are GT3 on Monza or a few other common tracks.

So, if you want to race something you enjoy, the best bet is to create your own lobby with a 10/15 min qualifying and hope people join. Being too restrictive on some things will leave you forever alone though, as in, some people don't want forced setups, forced single car (by class is better), forced assists, forced this/that/the other.

Also, If you get the timing right, most people leave the gt3/monza lobbies at the end of the race and search for new ones, hopefully something a bit different, so you might get ppl join.
    Not everybody likes hosting a lobby and being in control, so people might welcome something different, but not necessarily set it up themselves.
    Thanks for the tip. Sounds like I need to learn some GT3 at Monza!

I'll keep checking it out. Perhaps setting one up myself is worth a try.

Thanks,
    Doug

Platform
    PC
    How many have a rating of 1600 ?

Platform
    PC
    You could increase your steam ping rate to 5000. That should give you a wider choice. I usually get some 150-200 lobbys, including both P2P and dedicated servers.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    What kind of dedicated server are you looking for?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Monza... freaking Monza. Relentless.

I do wish there was a filter to remove races you cannot join because a) you don't qualify or b) the race has started already!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: EV3RY, leeroy98, racesafegrandad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Monza... freaking Monza. Relentless.

I do wish there was a filter to remove races you cannot join because a) you don't qualify or b) the race has started already!
    Yea, that would be nice. I'm not really interested in races that already started.

As for how many have 1600, I'm not sure. Regardless of wanting to increase my ranking, I find it difficult to find online races.

As far as what kind of dedicated server I'm looking for... I'm not sure I understand the question. Say I'm wanting to race Silverstone with any open wheel... couldn't find one race.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post
    Yea, that would be nice. I'm not really interested in races that already started.

As for how many have 1600, I'm not sure. Regardless of wanting to increase my ranking, I find it difficult to find online races.

As far as what kind of dedicated server I'm looking for... I'm not sure I understand the question. Say I'm wanting to race Silverstone with any open wheel... couldn't find one race.
    Ive just been running a series in the formula rookie at mainly UK tracks which has seemed reasonably popular. Moving to Ginetta Juniors tomorrow so that may not float your boat. Keep an eye out, typically at about 1930 GMT, lobby called New Drivers Welcome or something similar. Everyone very well behaved. Probably return to Knockhill tomorrow.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That happens to all of us, many times I wast time trying to get in on some race and then I can't join..., again the narrow rules here makes participation at certain times too restrictive, to the point where I abandon the multiplayer mode often. Or I make my own server.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post
    ...some car I have never driven on a track I'm not familiar with.
    Why not? One of those proposed in having several circuits and fleeing from the monotony of always drive the same, and the same goes with the cars too. Try to get out of your comfort zone and you can have good surprises and even continue on some different tracks or even cars. Try it, it's free.

A few days ago, I have nices races with guys that come from GT1 to... GT5, and they loved, and they had never experienced. It's just that it makes me a little confused not to try other tracks and cars that are included in the game. Helps to open new horizons.
    Grip is a wonderful thing.