Thread: Showing 20 lobbies online: Is this a technical limitation?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Showing 20 lobbies online: Is this a technical limitation?

Hello,

Was just watching a Yorkie video and noticed that the PC version shows 100 lobbies online whereas on the PS4 only 20 lobbies are shown at any one time.

Is this 20 lobby limit limited by Sony or is it a technical limitation due to the lower power PS4 and is it something us PS4 okays might see increase in a future patch?

Thanks.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    On pc there is a 100? Wow. Is the ps4, that incapable to handle more?
    Yes I was wondering too, there are only 20 and if I refresh it's the same ones usually.
    Rarely do I see rallycross or point to point races, usually the same maps over and over
    and most of them with no weather change.
    Last edited by mink; 13-01-2018 at 07:03.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Mink and Thebaldreverend, people are waiting for the weather sync fix I expect regarding weather slots, also it has long been the case that most online races are sunny.

Regarding the 20 max, same on xbox so I guess may be a console restriction. It does appear that refining search criteria may show lobbys not shown in show all.

Rally cross does not appear much online but I hope this changes when qualifying is enabled.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks Zaskar, can't wait, looking forward to the update !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldReverend View Post
    Hello,

Was just watching a Yorkie video and noticed that the PC version shows 100 lobbies online whereas on the PS4 only 20 lobbies are shown at any one time.

Is this 20 lobby limit limited by Sony or is it a technical limitation due to the lower power PS4 and is it something us PS4 okays might see increase in a future patch?

Thanks.
    Other games with online lobbies manage to show more lobbies in one page even if some of those only display just a few but have page 1, page 2 etc so its not a technical/Sony issue and appears to be a decision on SMS's end.

The lobbies are an absolute shambles. The filtering and restriction of only seeing a max 20 lobbies when most are either a combination of full/in race/monza means that online matchmaking is a long waste of time before getting punted off on the first corner because the only lobby available is a U100 race.