Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMD RX 480 8gb +vr?

Platform
    PC
    I dont get why people dislike ASW. ASW was developed for low and mid range GPU's in mind. Not everyone can afford a 1000 card.
    YES, if you have an 1080ti by all means disable ASW and lower all graphics settings to get to those 90fps.
    But when running a mid range or older GPU ASW is a true life saver.
    First of all, it is 90fps. It just uses "fake" frames in between those that cannot be produced in time by the GPU. It basically predicts how the next frame will be and puts it there hence resulting in TRUE higher fps rate and much smoother game play.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It still sort of has that like double imaging to it, not bad by any means just puts a sort of strain on the eyes IMO (fuzziness). So when the fps kicks in at certain parts to me it feels like a bit of a relief.
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/RX 480 8gb @ 1288/8gb 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    I dont get why people dislike ASW. ASW was developed for low and mid range GPU's in mind. Not everyone can afford a 1000 card.
    YES, if you have an 1080ti by all means disable ASW and lower all graphics settings to get to those 90fps.
    But when running a mid range or older GPU ASW is a true life saver.
    First of all, it is 90fps. It just uses "fake" frames in between those that cannot be produced in time by the GPU. It basically predicts how the next frame will be and puts it there hence resulting in TRUE higher fps rate and much smoother game play.
    It may well be a true 90 fps still but the artifacts that come with it override the smoothness to me , try Long Beach for example the fence and building around turn 3 or 4 completely kill it for me if ASW is on , it creates wavy lines out of straight ones and makes it feel as though there is no AA on at all .
    True 90 or near as possible is my aim .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / Steam ID : 2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    It may well be a true 90 fps still but the artifacts that come with it override the smoothness to me , try Long Beach for example the fence and building around turn 3 or 4 completely kill it for me if ASW is on , it creates wavy lines out of straight ones and makes it feel as though there is no AA on at all .
    True 90 or near as possible is my aim .
    Try to lower graphics settings. Texture filtering to trilinear, circuit details to medium, etc.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    Try to lower graphics settings. Texture filtering to trilinear, circuit details to medium, etc.
    I already have Trilinear and Medium track detail , the only settings on High is Texture(not filtering) ,MSAA and Car detail,grass is Off , particals on Low and SS 1.2 with pretty much constant 90 fps now especially after getting the 7700k up from 6600k .
    I could possibly tweak more after that upgrade but have just stayed with same setting for now .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / Steam ID : 2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: ELAhrairah