Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel

WMD Member

Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Hello,

Does anybody have the Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel for Xbox?

I am thinking of buying it to enhance my Project Cars 2 experience , would people recommend it over the Logitech G920?

Thanks!

Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't have it, but all reviews tells it is a better wheel than the Logitech. Also, you can upgrade with rims, pedals, and gearshifter, which are much better quality than Logitech offers.

Go for Thrustmaster !
    Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition - Sim Racing Hardware SBB2 Buttonbox - TH8A shifter - T3PA nonpro pedals w/Bodin Loadcell - Buttkicker Gamer 2 (V2) - Turtle Beach 420X - DIY simrig - LG 47'' 1080P

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Substitute79 View Post
    Hello,

Does anybody have the Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel for Xbox?

I am thinking of buying it to enhance my Project Cars 2 experience , would people recommend it over the Logitech G920?

Thanks!
    I can absolutely advice it. It's a rock solid wheel and the best in its price segment. I am using it for 8 months now without the smallest issue and it is so much more fun and immersion with the wheel. And I also became quicker than l ever was with the controller.
    If you can deal with being slower than with the controller for some weeks or even months you definitely should go and get the whel. At best in a bundle with the T3PA pedals (The bundle is called TMX pro). It is 50/$ more expensive but the pedal unit quality is far better and includes a clutch pedal too (3 instead of 2 pedals).
    GT the same as my username

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki Lauda DK View Post
    I don't have it, but all reviews tells it is a better wheel than the Logitech. Also, you can upgrade with rims, pedals, and gearshifter, which are much better quality than Logitech offers.

Go for Thrustmaster !
    Are you sure about that? My friend has one, and although you can swap the standard pedals that come with the TMX with the T3PA, or T3PA Pro Pedals (Or just buy the TMX Pro) I don't believe the Wheels are upgradable on the TMX. If you want to be able to swap wheels and have an Xbox One compatibility you have to get either a TX or a TS-XW. I also believe you only have to option to use the desk clamp that comes with the TMX, you cannot hard mount the wheel to a stand (if that is going to be an important issue for the future.) My friend is using the TMX Pro with PC1 and he is really enjoying it.
    The following user likes this Post: Niki Lauda DK

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm in same position as OP. The Senser is right about the rims, not possible to change on TMX. Pedals and gearshifter can be changed/added.
    But I think there's an adapter available to buy, for attaching TMX to wheel stands where desk clamp doesn't work.

All reviews I've read favour TMX. Logitech has older technology inside.

Kart Driver
    I have the TMX and have had no problems, yes it will take a while to get used to the wheel but the immersion is great. Only negative i have experienced is the small amount of slop within the geared drive, which would not be there in a belt driven wheel.

I would love to try the better pedals and can confirm the rim is not changeable, additionally I have mine mounted on a Wheel Stand Pro with my racing seat being a folding beach chair or a "Beer" chair.

Overall I'm fully satisfied with my TMX.
    Last edited by AZT Turbo; 14-01-2018 at 16:27.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have a TMX and it makes a huge difference. I updated to the t3pa pedals and would recommend the pro version with these in. I have had an issue with a slight grind when turning right but it hasn't affected the way the wheel works. I won an auction on a TX today on eBay and pick that up tomorrow can't wait.

I Also use a wheel stand pro. Best 100 I've spent. Quality product.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have the TX Ferrari Italia wheel and a Playseat. It has very good force feedback, far better than my mates Logitech. You can also get different rims, but they are a bit pricey.

Platform
    PC
    If budget allows, try for the T300 or TX. Great wheels
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Dell 2716DG Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster T300 - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Astro A40 + Mix Amp Pro Headset- GT Omega wheelstand

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    Are you sure about that? My friend has one, and although you can swap the standard pedals that come with the TMX with the T3PA, or T3PA Pro Pedals (Or just buy the TMX Pro) I don't believe the Wheels are upgradable on the TMX. If you want to be able to swap wheels and have an Xbox One compatibility you have to get either a TX or a TS-XW. I also believe you only have to option to use the desk clamp that comes with the TMX, you cannot hard mount the wheel to a stand (if that is going to be an important issue for the future.) My friend is using the TMX Pro with PC1 and he is really enjoying it.
    Apparently i was wrong. I saw a review a while ago where the reviewer told that it was possible.

But i'm glad you corrected my statement !!!

But i would still buy the TMX over Logitech
    Last edited by Niki Lauda DK; 15-01-2018 at 10:18.
    Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition - Sim Racing Hardware SBB2 Buttonbox - TH8A shifter - T3PA nonpro pedals w/Bodin Loadcell - Buttkicker Gamer 2 (V2) - Turtle Beach 420X - DIY simrig - LG 47'' 1080P