Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'll chime in. My first FFB wheel was the TMX. I upgraded the stock pedals to T3PA's which was a BIG improvement. The wheel/base itself is solid, provided good feel and transmitted the FFB well. The wheel itself is NOT interchangeable. The base also does not have a cooling fan and cannot be mounted to a cockpit with screws/bolts - you must use the included clamp. The TMX is also driven by gears and belts. At times, like in the long sweeping curves at Catalunya or Road America, the belt would "skip" which was distracting and made me worry about longevity. Other than that, it was a good wheel for the price.

That said, I upgraded to the TX base and there is no comparison between the two - the TX is a much better product. It's solid and smooth with excellent FFB. I immediately felt a huge difference in the strength of the FFB compared to the TMX - it was almost startling and caught me off guard. Mind you, this was on Forza 6, which was not know for good FFB. The TX also bolted directly to my cockpit, providing a solid feel that I could never get with the TMX. I also upgraded from the standard wheel to the Ferrari Alcantara wheel, something you can't do with a TMX. The TX base also has a cooling fan, which is nice because the it does get warm during racing sessions. The TX is just a better product. That said, you do pay for the difference from the TMX.

If price is no object then go for the TX. If it is, you won't be unhappy with a TMX, but definitely upgrade the pedals or go with the TMX Pro.

Cheers!
    K
    Last edited by The_Sinnman; 16-01-2018 at 14:13. Reason: Spelling
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel Base | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO
    Wheel Alcantara Edition | Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals | Playseat Challenge
    The following user likes this Post: RoccoTTS

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sinnman View Post
    I'll chime in. My first FFB wheel was the TMX. I upgraded the stock pedals to T3PA's which was a BIG improvement. The wheel/base itself is solid, provided good feel and transmitted the FFB well. The wheel itself is NOT interchangeable. The base also does not have a cooling fan and cannot be mounted to a cockpit with screws/bolts - you must use the included clamp. The TMX is also driven by gears and belts. At times, like in the long sweeping curves at Catalunya or Road America, the belt would "skip" which was distracting and made me worry about longevity. Other than that, it was a good wheel for the price.

That said, I upgraded to the TX base and there is no comparison between the two - the TX is a much better product. It's solid and smooth with excellent FFB. I immediately felt a huge different in the strength of the FFB compared to the TMX - it was almost startling and caught me off guard. Mind you, this was on Forza 6, which was not know for good FFB. The TX also bolted directly to my cockpit, providing a solid feel that I could never get with the TMX. I also upgraded from the standard wheel to the Ferrari Alcantara wheel, something you can't do with a TMX. The TX base also has a cooling fan, which is nice because the it does get warm during racing sessions. The TX is just a better product. That said, you do pay for the difference from the TMX.

If price is no object then go for the TX. If it is, you won't be unhappy with a TMX, but definitely upgrade the pedals or go with the TMX Pro.

Cheers!
    K
    I completely agree.
    MSI TRIDENT-014EU specs : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 64 bit (1709)
    Thrustmaster TX base | F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim | T3PA pedals | Playseat Evolution Alcantara | Panasonic 50" 4K TV

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki Lauda DK View Post
    Apparently i was wrong. I saw a review a while ago where the reviewer told that it was possible.

But i'm glad you corrected my statement !!!

But i would still buy the TMX over Logitech
    Hope you enjoy whatever wheel you decide to get and have fun. That is the main thing. My friend enjoys playing PC1 with his TMX but wasn't prepared to pay the extra for a TX.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Got the tmx with t3pa pedals. Love it. Havent driven any higher end wheels so can't compare from that standpoint but I am very satisfied with the performance.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm completely happy with mine !