Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aston at Le Mans?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Aston at Le Mans?

Hi there.

Could somebody help me with a tune/setup for The Aston Martin GTE. 24 hours endurance race at le Mans.

Thanks!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SteffenStork View Post
    Hi there.

Could somebody help me with a tune/setup for The Aston Martin GTE. 24 hours endurance race at le Mans.

Thanks!
    Hi SteffenStork, it says your Platform is PC. If this is correct you can go to Time Trial and share a Ghost/Tune. Of course you will have to make changes starting with Brake Ducts and Radiator opening to use the setup in a 24 hour race.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Guidelines for a Le Mans setup : high and loose suspensions. ~0:3 aero. Long gears to save fuel (short-shift if needed). Not too much camber. Not too low tire pressure either. Long straights, so no need to open up the ducts and radiator too much.

With enough practice, you can get 1H out of a tank of fuel. You decide if you change tires every stint or not, it takes 12 seconds. Will you save those 12 seconds with fresh rubber, or will you make mistakes and risk of crashing the car if not ?
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi SteffenStork, it says your Platform is PC. If this is correct you can go to Time Trial and share a Ghost/Tune. Of course you will have to make changes starting with Brake Ducts and Radiator opening to use the setup in a 24 hour race.

Hey there.

I'm new to this forum, and I did not know that you should specify whether you were a pc or console user.

It's correct now I'm using ps4 pro. Sorry. All the tips on ps4 and screen / graphics are also welcome.

But I'm looking for a setup for ps4.

We need to run 10 teams of 3 drivers each. for 24 hours.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hey there.

Thanks for the tips.

Is there not a basic set up that you can adjust to the Aston gte.?

There are really many parameters for a beginner like me. : D

Platform
    PC
    Hey there.

Thanks for the tips.

Is there not a basic set up that you can adjust to the Aston gte.?

There are really many parameters for a beginner like me. : D
    Hi Steffen, attached is a link to the setup. In the future if you would like a setup just find the Post "Setup requests for consoles(pictures) post patch 3.0". Post your request in there. For graphics setting tips go to your platform forum.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1463055
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Ahhh. Great! Thanks.

Now i should be able to beat my friends!

But this setup is only for time attack, right?

If we use this setup as a base level, how should i change it up a bit, to do endurance? I guess that i need to save fuel and tires?

Platform
    PC
    You won't beat anyone with the Aston *cough cough* I drove the Corvette to the 3:51 in Time Attack *cough cough*

But it required some tuning to do endurance racing. Mostly because I was only able to run 57 minutes with a full tank of fuel, which means I'm f** up on a 2H race. You need to short shift the car (and rely on torque more than usual), and use the longest 6th gear available by tweaking the final ratio to the maximum.

Also, you can add one or two clicks of aero to improve stability and not f* up your race or the tires in the long run.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The Corvette, you say?

We have free picks between the GTE cars. An right now it looks like we have one Aston, one Ferrari and the rest ford.

The ford seems to be really easy and fast around the track without anything done to the setup.
    Some of the guys are running 4:10 in practice.
    My Aston is nowhere near that yet.

Platform
    PC
    Ahhh. Great! Thanks.

Now i should be able to beat my friends!

But this setup is only for time attack, right?

If we use this setup as a base level, how should i change it up a bit, to do endurance? I guess that i need to save fuel and tires?
    Hi Steffen, yes the setup is for time attack(TT). In your setup the brake ducts are open slightly so they might be ok(see Nyreen's post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...t1462926).Same for the radiator. You use "we" in your post so I am assuming it is a group of you setting up a Le Mans race. You will have to practice to see what works best for you, As Nyreen mentions in his post you will have to come up with pit strategies for fuel and tires.

There is also an option you will find in the ECU section that changes the map to reduce fuel consumption. If there are several of you each can try a different map for example you try 0.95 and another tries 0.90 and someone else 1.00 to if there is a potential positive impact on fuel consumption without severely impacting lap times.