Thread: FORD GTE redbull ring

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

FORD GTE redbull ring

So iam not very good at setup at all.. total newbee... but does anyone have a great setup for the ford gte at redbull ring???

Platform
    PC
    I can share you a setup from the top TT drivers on PC, but in all honesty, the track works well with default setups. I rarely have to change it in order to get good laptimes, so I suggest to learn the basics to improve your tuning abilities depending how you drive.

I find myself having understeer with the car, and it snaps back when I get on the gas. If you want to try a supposedly quicker car, try -3.5 camber, 5mm bump stops and -10 front sway bars.
    The following user likes this Post: Baltha27

Platform
    PC
    you also need to run higher aero than you would think since the track his at a higher altitude. Altitude affects not only engine performance but also aero performance.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Baltha27, Fight-Test, leeroy98

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltha27 View Post
    So iam not very good at setup at all.. total newbee... but does anyone have a great setup for the ford gte at redbull ring???
    Hi Batha27, attached is the link to a setup for the Ford GT GTE at Red Bull Ring GP, it incorporates the suggestions made by Nyreen and Abe Woz regarding aero and camber.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1463561
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    you also need to run higher aero than you would think since the track his at a higher altitude. Altitude affects not only engine performance but also aero performance.
    True, but default runs too high aero setting anyway, that's why. I'd like to see how it changes the Cx, though. Imagine being able to have some values about the air flow on the HUD data panel, so you can see the slipstream effects, dirty air or vortexes.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I find the default setup of the ford GTE pretty good. You must realise that setups are not some kind of super invention that will magicly shave multiple seconds of your laptime. If you are unable to drive laps within 7 tenths of each other consistently then the problem lies more into the way you are driving than in the setup of the car. If you are able to clock consistent times lap after lap then you can start using setup to refine the car and make you quicker, if not first improve on your driving skills because there you can find the biggest gains.
    Intel i5-6600k @ 3.5 GHz - MSI Z170A Gaming - 16 GB corsair ram DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz - MSI Radeon R9 390 8 GB - Samsung EVO 850 512 GB
    Racing with Logitech G27
    The following user likes this Post: Baltha27

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighttiger View Post
    I find the default setup of the ford GTE pretty good. You must realise that setups are not some kind of super invention that will magicly shave multiple seconds of your laptime. If you are unable to drive laps within 7 tenths of each other consistently then the problem lies more into the way you are driving than in the setup of the car. If you are able to clock consistent times lap after lap then you can start using setup to refine the car and make you quicker, if not first improve on your driving skills because there you can find the biggest gains.
    Hi, while the Default setup for some people(really good drivers can make excellent runs on Default but you probably shouldn't compare people like Lapin or Cluck et al at certain tracks to the majority of new people) may be ok at Red Bull Ring GP with the Ford GT GTE the best Default time is over 1.9 seconds off the pace since the patch. http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=2438214702

At many tracks the Default setups are ok to excellent but at some they are horrid, just try and run Default setups for the Ford GTE at the Ovals like Daytona and Texas for example.

Maybe the OP, with a better setup, can also improve his driving at this track.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Iam doing about 1.34xxx on stable setup at my