Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Does the game work properly on the OG Xbox yet?

Platform
    PC
    Cheapest GTX 1070 I've found this morning that is actually in stock is north of Ģ530, so the whole console for Ģ100 less is good value for money I reckon.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Roushman624

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    The OneX does look like a really nice machine. Would I be right in thinking there's no performance difference between the normal and Scorpio version? There is quite a difference in price on Amazon. Also, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of bundle deals with the OneX, does it usually just come as the bare console?
    The Scorpio has the same exact internals. Only difference is the custom skin around it and the controller. They were the same price but due to limited edition the price rises considerably.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The X is an amazing console. You get a lot of power for the price you pay. To have the same type of performance on pc, assuming you are building a new pc plus accessories and a 4k screen, you would be spending a lot more cash than buying the console, and when it comes to making games compatible with the X MS is doing a good job. Both Xbox one and 360 games are been patched to take advantage of the new hardware.
    Xbox One X!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Kvally, Roushman624

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Right now with the GPU/RAM price hikes on PC it makes little sense to build a PC right now unless your happy to pay extra. RAM has doubled in 2 months and the GPU I am looking at has increased by 150 in 2 months and from the latest gossip/news prices will continue to rise until Q3 2018, but new GPUs out May time but price wise who knows!!

So really the XB1X makes perfect sense right now, its cheap and performs just as well as a PC costing twice as much, so unless you want the PC for other things, or VR gaming, then get a 1X.
    Last edited by Gav88888; 28-02-2018 at 14:20.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, OddTimer, sas5320, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by franc1s96 View Post
    I'm really tempted to upgrade from the OG to the X, would you guys who have done the same say it's worth it?
    I resisted. I cussed in MP when my racing group would get a full lobby. I had "controller input lag." For single player it was even worse. After patch 3 and after the November XBox update it looked like it was misting with light clouds. If I turned off all the features and ran clear + 14 car grid + no dynamic time + mid day + no penalties + no pit crew + no spotter the game ran well on the OG XBox even on the full Nurburgring, but it would still stutter in parts of the Nordschleife.

So I traded in my OG Xbox for the One X in January at Gamestop and got $150 for it (that deal is gone now - you'll get $100 for it). I can run full fields in SP with multi-classes with all features without issues. No problems in MP. So, yes, it's worth it. Plus my other games look better, too.

But the choice is yours. Do you have the money to burn on a gaming PC? And do you have the money to burn on that 4K monitor? Or do you like sitting back and gaming from your couch?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, nissan4ever

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Picked up the one x today. Night and day difference while playing this game. No FFB Issues, no lagging when players join online.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Gav88888, Hammerpgh, John Hargreaves, Lewy, nissan4ever, OddTimer, Roushman624

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSARIA View Post
    Picked up the one x today. Night and day difference while playing this game. No FFB Issues, no lagging when players join online.
    Update your profile to show Xbox One X
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I've enjoyed reading this thread and all the passionate debate it has generated. Just wanted to share an observation. The current console hardware situation looks to me quite like the PC hardware situation has always been, in that you have minimum spec machines i.e. original Xbox1/PS4, then you have recommended specs such as PS4 pro and Xbox1X, where you get an experience closer to the developers' original vision for the game.

Those of us living over in the cheaper suburbs of PC master race island are well used to having a suboptimal experience just because we can't afford the latest top of the range graphics card. Thing is you don't moan, you dream, so you tailor the game to suit the specs of your machine, avoid the extreme weather, 40 car grids etc and you can have a great time. All the while you are saving up for the next graphics card that you might one day be able to afford.

You can have a great time with PC2 with light cloud, 7am at pretty much any track, a 20 car grid with AI set to match your own ability. OK you might not get to sample the very wide extremes of all the options on offer, but one day, when you can afford the hardware, it will be like a whole new game for you. Try to enjoy what you can have, and don't worry about what you cannot have, because there is an infinite supply of the latter.
    Just finished reading through this whole thread (PHEW) good read and some good information. I enjoyed your post John but one thing with regard to PC's is that games tend to come with a minimum spec requirement and a recommended requirement and that isn't something we get on console. No warning that the game will have performance issues on the OG box.

That being said I am now really enjoying the game having delayed getting properly started with it until patch 4 dropped and can play with a full grid depending on what car I am driving so I am pretty happy with it overall.

Thanks for the great posts here guys.
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 05-03-2018 at 11:14. Reason: Incorrect name quoted
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I am seriously considering picking up an XBX soon to benefit from the extra power and performance it brings as I have no way to jump to PC at the moment and still have a lot of racing buddies and leagues that I compete in on the Xbox. Appreciate all the feedback on the advantages of buying the XBX

Platform
    PC
    It does look like a great piece of kit, I'm slowly looking for reasons to get one. I had a 360, but skipped the Xbox1 generation as I just didn't have the time to get the use out of it and went with the PS4. The OneX is a whole new ballgame though, those Digital Foundry tests make it look really tempting.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh