Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Does the game work properly on the OG Xbox yet?

Platform
    XBOX1
    I still enjoy online races. It's just a little bit annoying about the issues on the original Xbox. But Project Cars 2 is still the #1 racing game and won't hold me back from the tracks
    Last edited by Niki Lauda DK; 19-01-2018 at 13:27.
    Braking is for cowards
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    I have been trying to play this with 30 car grids a lot, as like you I want to race and not spend all my time doing practice or TTs. In general I have found 15 AI cars or less and the handling is fairly consistent, some cars/track combo's might push that down a bit but in general your good at 16 cars total.

Go above that and the handling becomes progressively worse. For example GT3 race at Imola max grid size in the middle of the day and dry conditions I couldn't keep my 488 on the road, the rear tire model goes tits up and the back end comes round on most corners. If you change the rear tires to wets and lower your FFB a bit its improved and you can set some laptimes, even have some fun, but don't expect to do the same times/car feel as in practice or TT.

As has been said above, hopefully there should be some good improvements soon with max grid sizes on the XB1. I for one am waiting for the next patch to see if it fixes things, if it doesn't then I will buy a 1X or PC as I'm sick of the way the game is on the XB1, I just want to enjoy the game without compromises on this or that due to performance issues on the XB1.
    ....im not getting that but im on hard tires with a good bit of rear downforce with a controller. I dont recall what season i was racing in at imola, probally the default season........edit, i allways use max grid minus 2.
    Last edited by kevin kirk; 19-01-2018 at 18:50.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    As was stated, and evidenced by the different responses here, it will be a mixed-bag. Know that going in, and be prepared to just go with the flow for now. It's not worth getting stressed over, even though it can get really frustrating really fast. It unequivocally needs "fixing" on the OG Xbox, but I think the biggest issue is trying to get it to work on this machine. I just don't think the OG can handle it. I'm in agreement with the PC or One X sentiments, but until I make that switch the options are: have fun with what's there and make the most of it, or don't play. To me, the former is a lot more fun.
    The following user likes this Post: Sgt Formula 1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post
    Was the handling the same as it would be in private testing?

That's my huge issue. Lady time I tried ten AI and it was no good.

I can private practice all day, but I kinda bought this racing game to, ya know, race.
    To answer your question no it hasn't been fixed im waiting for this as well because it ruins the career racing for me and I only league race once a week where we purposely cut off the driver amount at 9 because the game can't run 10 on track at the same time wether it's ai or multiplayer to be honest the whole reason i am on the fprums this very moment is to look for some sort of clue as to when this will be fixed

Platform
    XBOX1
    Its not quite 100% but I'm still really enjoying it myself .
    Don't go to men who are willing to kill themselves driving in circles looking for normality.
    James Hunt
    Xbox Live GT Mowzer 75

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    No, this game doesn't run correcly on std xbox, only on Xbox X and it's a shame.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ormance-Issues

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post

I can private practice all day, but I kinda bought this racing game to, ya know, race.
    the same. I ordered a PC.

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    If I switch to PC I'm not buying this game again... I'll go straight to iRacing. They've managed to iron out many of their bugs.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think I will try Raceroom but in any case I ll give again money for PCars.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynomight Motorsports View Post
    If I switch to PC I'm not buying this game again... I'll go straight to iRacing. They've managed to iron out many of their bugs.
    That or AC. The modding community there looks pretty incredible!
    The following user likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports