Thread: [RESOLVED] G29 and project cars 2

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] G29 and project cars 2

my G29 isnt in the list of controls in my Project cars 2. i have a PS4 pro and have tried everything from re-booting my system with G29 connected to made sure that my G29 is set to PS4. even changed the USB ports. any idea ?
    thanks

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hi,
    Is there power going into the wheel ?(Green light on wheel should be solid).Does your wheel do the calibration setup spin when you first turn on your PS4, also is it the switch on top of wheel set on PS4
    Time Flies Like An Arrow - Fruit Flies Like a Banana
    PS4 Pro 4 and Logitech G29

Platform
    PC
    Turn off your PS4 and then use the PS4 button on the wheel to start the PS4 (DON’T turn on the DualShock controller yet). Get PC2 started then you should see the wheel as an available controller option. Turn on your DS4 after you have calibrated and setup the wheel.
    Gigabyte Z270X Motherboard, Intel I7 7700K CPU @ 4.5gHz, 16GB 3000 MHz RAM, Geforce GTX 1080Ti GPU.
    Oculus Rift, Logitech G29 wheel.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Flange View Post
    Turn off your PS4 and then use the PS4 button on the wheel to start the PS4 (DON’T turn on the DualShock controller yet). Get PC2 started then you should see the wheel as an available controller option. Turn on your DS4 after you have calibrated and setup the wheel.
    I'll have to add that the ps4 (basic) doesn't turn on with the buttons on g29. Anyway, once powered on, let it do it's spinny thing, then press the PS button on the wheel and use the buttons on the wheel to select and start the game.

Does the pro need the g29 firmware to be updated?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I'll have to add that the ps4 (basic) doesn't turn on with the buttons on g29. Anyway, once powered on, let it do it's spinny thing, then press the PS button on the wheel and use the buttons on the wheel to select and start the game.

I only tried the wheel once on my PS4 Pro and had the same issue as the OP. I’m sure I sorted it by starting the PS4 with the wheel. Hmmm, maybe I am mistaken.
    Anyway, the crux of the matter is that you need to make the wheel the primary controller before starting PCars2.
    Gigabyte Z270X Motherboard, Intel I7 7700K CPU @ 4.5gHz, 16GB 3000 MHz RAM, Geforce GTX 1080Ti GPU.
    Oculus Rift, Logitech G29 wheel.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    People keep saying you need to connect the wheel before turning on the ps4, I've never done this I always start up the game 1st and when the game is loading I'll connect USB then switch the power on when the game screen says press x to start engine then after wheel calibrates to game then press ps button to comfirm who is using wheel then it will return to where it says press x to start engine use the x button on the wheel and it ready, never had a problem and my wheel always feels spot on
    Last edited by Xx-Rickdj82-Xx; 21-01-2018 at 10:13.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Thanks to both Vic and Hkraft300 , you guys rock

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post

IT WORKED ... CHEERS GUYS
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Vic Flange

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx-Rickdj82-Xx View Post
    People keep saying you need to connect the wheel before turning on the ps4, I've never done this I always start up the game 1st and when the game is loading I'll connect USB then switch the power on when the game screen says press x to start engine then after wheel calibrates to game then press ps button to comfirm who is using wheel then it will return to where it says press x to start engine use the x button on the wheel and it ready, never had a problem and my wheel always feels spot on
    The key I think is you have to hit the PS button on the wheel and sign in with it. It doesn't matter what order you do anything else, if you're not signed in to the wheel it won't appear.