Thread: Weather and its randomness!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Question Weather and its randomness!

Hi! Something that have been annoying me a bit lately…

Live track is amazing, no denial here. But, racing single player with random weather is a bit of mess, mainly because I don’t want to race on extreme weather (snow, ice, heavy fog and thunderstorm).

A suggestion here, wouldn’t it be easy to create weather playlists? Like:

1-random weather: all dry weather
    2-random weather: all wet
    3-random weather: all dry plus all wet
    4-random weather: all wet including thunderstorm

etc….

It just seems to me that SMS has implemented such a great feature in PC2, but somehow I am not making the most out of it, and possibly many other player are not either?

Does anyone know if SMS is planning to improve the randomness of the weather system? And how do you guys make the most out of it?
    Thanks!
    Xbox One X!
    The following user likes this Post: woofi

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    IF i do a custom race (mostly only play career) i set the weather slots to the types i like (or like to have)...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: pferreirag60

Platform
    PC
    But then it's not random any more.

On the opposite side, selected some weather modes gives some variability. For example The Sun sometimes shines through clouds while they are moving. It gives a lot of real feel like experience.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: pferreirag60

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    Hi! Something that have been annoying me a bit lately…

Live track is amazing, no denial here. But, racing single player with random weather is a bit of mess, mainly because I don’t want to race on extreme weather (snow, ice, heavy fog and thunderstorm).

A suggestion here, wouldn’t it be easy to create weather playlists? Like:

1-random weather: all dry weather
    2-random weather: all wet
    3-random weather: all dry plus all wet
    4-random weather: all wet including thunderstorm

etc….

It just seems to me that SMS has implemented such a great feature in PC2, but somehow I am not making the most out of it, and possibly many other player are not either?

Does anyone know if SMS is planning to improve the randomness of the weather system? And how do you guys make the most out of it?
    Thanks!
    Yeh, I'd say with the ability to input 4 slots, (is it 4?), then you can put in each one of these 'playlists'.

Although, then you would know exactly when certain slots are coming up, which isn't really random. But I guess that's how real life works, with the detail that can now be achieved within weather reports themselves.
    The following user likes this Post: Jetsun

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes, I think at the moment it is better to manually select the weather manually what spoils the element of surprise as you know for sure that particular weather is going to come into play.

In a hypothetical playlist scenario: let's say you selected all dry weathers plus all rain (minus thunderstorm). There is still an element of randomness as that slot could present you with only a dry race.
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    PC
    I made a little tool for PC and PS4 that randomly sets weather slots. You can choose which weather types it picks from and set probability of adverse weather. I've been using it successfully for some time now. More info and download here.
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - ASRock A320M Pro4 - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB - G.Skill 16GB DDR4 - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W - Thrustmaster T300 RS - Triple monitors

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzic View Post
    I made a little tool for PC and PS4 that randomly sets weather slots. You can choose which weather types it picks from and set probability of adverse weather. I've been using it successfully for some time now. More info and download here.
    yeah, I've seen that. It looks great, but I am on the Xbox and as far as I know the Xbox app does not do the arrow thing.
    Xbox One X!