Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Vintage F1: 1967 World Championship

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think the removing the weather effects seems to have been a stabiliser for the races and equalises things for those on the original Xbox. I still think it would be worth trying the weather in some tests before we go forward to the next season though as it is a shame to remove some of the variables that can spice things up so much.

Nice idea for the sprint races but i'll have to pass on them i'm afraid.. it's already close to 2am by the time I get to bed here in the UK and I am up at 6
    2018 Indycar League on Project Cars 2
    http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018

Platform
    XBOX1
    Testing would be the smart thing to do. We'll probably find the real limit as to how many effects we can add and still retain stability.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Maybe if Sgt is up for it once we have finished the next three rounds we can spend one evening (or night for me lol) setting up a number of lobbies under different conditions to see at what point things start to deteriorate. We would need at least a couple on the original box to make that worthwhile though as that seems to be where the problem lies.

The last race is on June 13th at Watkins Glen so maybe we could look at the 20th as a possibility. I am on holiday from the 23rd June to the 1st July so would not be available until the 4th July if we were looking to keep it to Wednesday but as that's a big day for you guys maybe we would have to look at the following week. It could always be run in my absence though, just needs enough available to make it a worthwhile test.
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 25-05-2018 at 09:11.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: niblips, Sgt Formula 1, ShneebnaMRR108

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by niblips View Post
    Whoa! That's sad and unfortunate. Did it happen in the village kink in section 2?

Here is my race video. Race starts around 21:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmfPbPVYv-w

Yeah, I was on lap 7 when it happened, he was on lap 5.
    Very unexpected and sad indeed, we'll have to dedicate the Italian GP to him...

I'd also like to welcome Mr Blonde V to our championship, driving for McLaren in the #10!

Here's the Round 7 vid, the first 7 mins took the longest to put together, now to get back to the IndyCar vid:
    https://youtu.be/of6lKPguUyY
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard
    BODY: Old Recliner, laptop stand, much tape

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    I'm glad I at least gave it another go, it proved to be a worthy attempt. I guess it's just a wait and see which track will work out for us, and which one will not.

How about, after each race, the winner picks any car any track for a short sprint, just to have some additional fun after the main event. Because when it works, why let it go so quick?
    Maybe if i'm feeling up to it but after a race I usually like to take a break + work on the vids. I like to practice for races and I like to know how the car handles and all that jazz. Definitely something worth considering though for random quick fun I agree!
    MY SIM CAR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I got some practice in at Monza with the AI at 45/50. They're no fun if they can't use vintage tyres. Their extra traction let's them break later, not to mention their acceleration. They run into you alot while breaking for the chicane because they would expect you to break as fast as them. I'm going to try 45/45, then 45/40 and so on to see if that helps.

The setup from Spa is perfect for here with a few minor tweaks so that should help everyone get started at least

This track was the entire reason I got PCars2. It's probably one of the coolest real world layouts (past anyways) EVER! Probably my favorite track of all time too besides Wario Stadium from Mario Kart 64
    MY SIM CAR
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Y22 Rydr

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've added my race footage to my earlier post after the race.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Formula 1 View Post
    I got some practice in at Monza with the AI at 45/50. They're no fun if they can't use vintage tyres. Their extra traction let's them break later, not to mention their acceleration. They run into you alot while breaking for the chicane because they would expect you to break as fast as them. I'm going to try 45/45, then 45/40 and so on to see if that helps.

The setup from Spa is perfect for here with a few minor tweaks so that should help everyone get started at least

This track was the entire reason I got PCars2. It's probably one of the coolest real world layouts (past anyways) EVER! Probably my favorite track of all time too besides Wario Stadium from Mario Kart 64
    Yeah it pretty much sucks that we can't race the AI properly in the classics. I think we have to remove them in all honesty.

I agree that having this track in the game is a real bonus. I'll be interested to compare it with the one in Assetto which me, Karl and Pete raced in the Lotus 25 last Summer.

I hope to get a bit of practice before Wednesday but it will be limited this week.