Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage F1: 1967 World Championship (COMPLETED)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Formula 1 View Post
    My offline races were with a grid of 20 and no problems (Xbox 1 X though). We probably should remove them just in case.

For weather it's currently light raining but by 3 in 45 mins real time in Nürburg it's supposed to be light clouds. This might be a 3 or 4 slot weather race. Im keeping an eye on the forecast

EDIT: It still says light rain. I think the best we can do for weather is this:

SLOT 1: LIGHT RAIN SLOT 2: OVERCAST
    (Another thing we could try to eliminate problems would be 4 slots, something like overcast, light rain, overcast, overcast)

and should we renove the AI?
    Ah ok then you would not see the same problems the rest of us do due to the extra power of the X. It never previously occurred to me that having guys with different Xbox's might be a problem in a race as clearly there is a big difference in what each of us is racing based on the power of our console. I wonder whether that was also the problem at Rouen.

To be honest I think 4 slots squeezed into a 40 minute race is too much as you just compress the weather too much that way. If you are having 2 slots the same one after the other you might as well remove one of them as there is no effect with the extra one added. My real concern here is that we end up with another Rouen... which none of us want. It's actually showing thundestorms now :/
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 16-05-2018 at 13:09.
    The following user likes this Post: niblips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm still confused at why we want so many weather slots in such a short race. We are racing from 2pm to 3pm. What's the weather in real life from 2pm to 3pm? That's what we should be racing in.

Anyway, When i tried 10 or more AI in an online session for Silverstone i wound up with some strange incidents just like Peter had. I haven't tried it again but i'm sure it would be the same here.
    The following user likes this Post: Sgt Formula 1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by niblips View Post
    I'm still confused at why we want so many weather slots in such a short race. We are racing from 2pm to 3pm. What's the weather in real life from 2pm to 3pm? That's what we should be racing in.

Anyway, When i tried 10 or more AI in an online session for Silverstone i wound up with some strange incidents just like Peter had. I haven't tried it again but i'm sure it would be the same here.
    I think it would be worse due to the extra strain imposed by such a huge circuit. 6 AI was ok for me last night but I am going to do further testing over the coming weeks at the other tracks we are racing.

Current weather.. Thunderstorms lol

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

We're just using 2 slots, light rain, then overcast which isn't what really happened in Nürburg. The app said light rain for the whole hour for me (it did thunderstorm later on). The forecast was that it was supposed to be light clouds by 3pm but that didnt happen
    Last edited by Sgt Formula 1; 16-05-2018 at 18:45.
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard
    Want to join a Racing League? Formula 1 through Time - 1963 Season:
    http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    Anyone had any time on track here.. I know Pete had been working on setup so wha? t's the lap times to aim for so far?

Just completed my first lap and managed a 10:13 which was a fairly leisurely lap so should be able to take a fair chunk of that before Wednesday. Love this track but it's the first time I've tried the combined version and ironically it was that part that gave me most trouble lol The actual Nordschliefe I know the layout well so need to brush up on the added bit at the start!! That part is in no way suited to the classic cars as I assume it was made with aero based cars in mind.
    I have not been in the car since last race. I have been swamped with my two college classes. I am hoping to get on a bit before the race tonight to at least get reacquainted with the car.

Also if I get disconnected tonight it will probably be because of a power loss due to the weather. We are going to get some Thunderstorms here in the next couple of hours and they will last through the race.
    Last edited by Y22 Rydr; 16-05-2018 at 18:54.
    Xbox One X / Thrustmaster TX / T3PA Pro / TH8A Shifter / PlaySeat evolution (heavily modified into a DIY wood rig) / DIY USB Button Box
    pCARS 2 Telemetry HUD
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Sgt Formula 1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Y22 Rydr View Post
    I have not been in the car since last race. I have been swamped with my two college classes. I am hoping to get on a bit before the race tonight to at least get reacquainted with the car.

Also if I get disconnected tonight it will probably be because of a power loss due to the weather. We are going to get some Thunderstorms here in the next couple of hours and they will last through the race.
    Take it slow and easy. That's my best advice. I don't know how many finishers we'll have (if any lol)
    MY SIM CAR
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, niblips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    If you are having 2 slots the same one after the other you might as well remove one of them as there is no effect with the extra one added.
    It won't change the weather but when you do sync to race it changes how long it rains for. For the race tonight, it will be 50% light rain and 50% overcast; light rain for the first half of the race.

Another example is Overcast, light rain, overcast, overcast. For the first quarter of the race it's dry, the second quarter it would rain, then the last half it would be sort of dry.

If it was Overcast, light rain, overcast, the first third of the race would be dry. I think that's how it works. If you wanted a scattered showers type of effect my guess is you just do something like overcast, light rain, overcast, light rain, and you speed up the weather time
    MY SIM CAR
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Formula 1 View Post
    It won't change the weather but when you do sync to race it changes how long it rains for. For the race tonight, it will be 50% light rain and 50% overcast; light rain for the first half of the race.

Another example is Overcast, light rain, overcast, overcast. For the first quarter of the race it's dry, the second quarter it would rain, then the last half it would be sort of dry.

If it was Overcast, light rain, overcast, the first third of the race would be dry. I think that's how it works. If you wanted a scattered showers type of effect my guess is you just do something like overcast, light rain, overcast, light rain, and you speed up the weather time
    I don't think that's how it works....unless you had it set differently for Silverstone. You said you had 3 weather slots set, sunny light cloud and overcast I think. But the weather was fine for 9/20 laps then for 4 laps the weather changed (temp fell drastically) then for the last 7 laps the temp stayed the same so the weather must have stayed the same. Thas 9/4/7 and not 33%each slot.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I don't think that's how it works....unless you had it set differently for Silverstone. You said you had 3 weather slots set, sunny light cloud and overcast I think. But the weather was fine for 9/20 laps then for 4 laps the weather changed (temp fell drastically) then for the last 7 laps the temp stayed the same so the weather must have stayed the same. Thas 9/4/7 and not 33%each slot.
    Ah ok, kinda cool how it randomly changed though
    MY SIM CAR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Just a quick note.. Myself and Karl have been testing in the light rain for the last 30 minutes and the conditions are pretty much undriveable for us. The car spins at slight brake and throttle application and also goes into a weird floating mode. I even stopped on track didn't touch the pedals and my car floated uphill!! Can only assume that it's a limitation of the vanilla One as opposed to the One X. Probably made worse at these long classic circuits.