Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage F1: 1967 World Championship

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Formula 1 View Post
    That track is scary enough for me digitally. SMS did a great job providing the feel. I can't even imagine what the drivers really felt. Must have been the closest thing to the feeling of War you could get...
    Its probably the underlying reason why the French government tried their damndest to eradicate all traces of a race circuit in the 1990s. The place claimed a few over the years. I drove two laps of the original circuit in 2016 whilst on holiday with my family. There are still some telltale signs of it's past if you look carefully (steps leading to where grandstands stood on the exit of Nouveau Monde hairpin, pitlane entrance and exit roads, and the life-saving chicane where the formidable Six Freres corner once stood). They even tarmac'd over the patterned cobblestones on the hairpin but the tarmac is now so worn that the stones are starting to reappear. It would be great to see some form of racing around here again but I cant see the authorities wanting to cut off a main arterial road in to the city for a weekend.
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GRTfast, Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You know, we'll be doing it digitally this season if you want to sign up! *wink wink *hint *hint
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard
    BODY: Old Recliner, laptop stand, much tape
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Finally got a new 4KTV and going to be on Project Cars 2 much more! Just in time for Patch 4 and FX pre-season testing. I don't want to cancel this season but we need more peeps to race with if it is to start next month!
    MY SIM CAR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato99 View Post
    I love what you're doing here. How great would it be to have Surtees' / Schlesser's Honda, the Ferrari 312s and the BRMs in here too?
    Music to my ears and eyes !!
    Sliding these bad boys around Rouen.........awesome!
    An old Grand Prix Legends hand like myself maybe?

I absolutely loved that game and racing the cars you mentioned was heaven back in the day

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I would really love to take part in this (ex Grand Prix Legends fan so this would be the closest since then). But the 1 am start time here in the UK would probably be prohibitive with work the next day.

If you do get it going I would probably like to try at least on a part-time basis.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato99 View Post
    Its probably the underlying reason why the French government tried their damndest to eradicate all traces of a race circuit in the 1990s. The place claimed a few over the years. I drove two laps of the original circuit in 2016 whilst on holiday with my family. There are still some telltale signs of it's past if you look carefully (steps leading to where grandstands stood on the exit of Nouveau Monde hairpin, pitlane entrance and exit roads, and the life-saving chicane where the formidable Six Freres corner once stood). They even tarmac'd over the patterned cobblestones on the hairpin but the tarmac is now so worn that the stones are starting to reappear. It would be great to see some form of racing around here again but I cant see the authorities wanting to cut off a main arterial road in to the city for a weekend.
    I adore this track. A buddy and I ran a classic series in pCars 1 and this track was probably the best in it. I was fortunate enough to pick up the win too

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Running 1:31’s at brands hatch gp in practice.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by GRTfast View Post
    Running 1:31’s at brands hatch gp in practice.
    That's really good! I'm about 10 seconds off the AI's pace but I haven't messed around with tuning setups that much for this car
    MY SIM CAR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    I would really love to take part in this (ex Grand Prix Legends fan so this would be the closest since then). But the 1 am start time here in the UK would probably be prohibitive with work the next day.

If you do get it going I would probably like to try at least on a part-time basis.
    We could set the time for a couple hours earlier if you want?
    MY SIM CAR
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GRTfast, Hammerpgh

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Dude, I love racing vintage cars... Count me in!!!

Max Endurance