Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage F1: 1967 World Championship (COMPLETED)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Im cancelling the the results. Too many problems and a disconnect during the race. iee yii yii
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster TX LE Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard
    Want to join a Racing League? Formula 1 through Time - 1963 Season:
    http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Without the rain the car was much better. I did have a couple spins that seemed to come out of nowhere, but it was way better than with the rain on. I really do think that the processing power of the older xbox one systems can not handle all the variables like weather and AI and such. Seems like you haven't had those issues with the xbox one x though Sgt. Your car never feels like it's been run into the back of then you end up floating into the barrier like in Peter's video, right? To me that points to the one vs the one x being the main problem.

We'll have to test rain on a shorter circuit and see if we still have the same issues. I hope not, because the rain adds quite a challenge to the racing.

Anyway, good drive tonight. You were 1m30s ahead of me before i had a spin that caused damage and i had to pit to fix it. wound up 4+m behind you and then you crossed the line to win and Pete and I only had a short amount of time, not enough to cross the line ourselves.
    The following user likes this Post: Sgt Formula 1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Formula 1 View Post
    Im cancelling the the results. Too many problems and a disconnect during the race. iee yii yii
    Who d/c'd?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Mr Blonde V
    MY SIM CAR

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah all very odd and extremely frustrating. Almost 2am for me before I got to bed and for the third week running I've not had a single lap of anything normal. Qualifying at Rouen has been the only laps for me where I felt like I was in total control of what was happening. Offline I was in the 9 minute range and putting in clean laps without problem but the last couple of days online and with AI I don't think I've managed a single lap

Desperately disappointed as it makes all the hours of practice for these races over the last few weeks meaningless Quite ironic really because for the first race at Monaco I was unable to put in much practice at all before we started and yet it was the best one I've had so far

As I mentioned in an earlier post and Karl reiterated in his post above I can only assume it's down to the fact that the vanilla One cannot deal with things on this type of track in online mode. I really hope we can find a solution to this and carry on to enjoy some succesful racing going forward.

Knackered right now so I'll respond further once I'm in work and my eyes are not feeling like pi$$holes in the sand lol
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 17-05-2018 at 05:34.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Just a little further info on what was going on last night for myself and others on the vanilla One.

Very strange unexplained spins for no apparent reason.. with the lightest of applications of throttle or brake and often while just going in a straight line the car would do something unexpected and you would lose control as it lurched towards a barrier or went into a spin and some of these would be followed by that odd floating / sliding motion with the car heading slowly and uncontrollably towards the barriers ending up with damage. I think this happened to me more than anyone and in my practice with Karl I didn't get beyond the first sector once in 40 minutes of trying. Several times the unexpected spins would also be preceded by a slight bump as though you had gone over a piece of debris or something on the track or that someone had driven into the back of you. Karl also experienced this too. What was even odder with those incidents was that it resulted in the wheels weight\FFB changing

In last nights qualifying and race I only on one occasion made it past sector 1 without incident and then I had something happen going through Adenauer-Forst instead. I dvr'd several of the incidents and will link them once I have them uploaded.

The weirdest glitch was after going through Schumacher S where my car again had one of it's odd moments and then whilst trying to get the car back facing the right direction so I could get on my way again it started spinning around on it's axis and then just took off to the left and slid\floated into the barriers on that side of the track

Also, I think it was when we reformed for the second lobby that I found my wheel's weight was suddenly massively heavy and I felt like I would end up with Popeye arms if I did a lap with it like that. I understand from the chat that Karl also found the same thing happen to his wheel (i'm on a TX and him a TMX). I reduced the wheel weight from 50 to 35 and that felt better and more like it had been before.

I gave up and sat in the garage for the last 5 minutes of the quali session as I was just getting nowhere at all and had no chance to set a timed lap.

The start of the race in the rain was actually not too bad and I was doing ok for a short while but it very soon started happening again and I quickly was back in the familiar territory of a car with badly damaged suspension as it went into a weird spin and sent me into the barriers. This is when the lobby was reformed due to the game glitching Pete int the pits on the start line.. yet another strange incident.

Once we got onto the grid for the start of the re-formed race yet another problem... this time no FFB at all!! Talk about everything going wrong lol. I decided to just carry on and had a bit of early fun following behind Pete until he had a spin and collected me as his car bounced back on the track which resulted in him losing and wheel and me picking up 89% right-front suspension damage. Having stayed up so late I was determined to get back to the pits, reset my wheel and at least try for one clean lap before I hit the sack. Finally managed it and was surprisingly only a couple of minutes adrift of Mr Blonde ahead when I started out again. All was going well and I was on what felt like a decent lap until going through Adenauer-Forst again where the car suddenly veered left and smashed me into the barrier causing severe damage on three corners. After a short while trying to see if it would be possible to get around again I had to call it quits or else risking not getting to bed at all!!

What a cluster %@#$

Love this game but oh boy does it give you some serious angst when it goes wrong!!

Sgt can you confirm that you have experienced none of these issues the rest of us (and especially me it seems) were suffering from last night or any other time for that matter?
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 17-05-2018 at 15:34.
    The following user likes this Post: niblips

Platform
    PC
    I'm starting to buy into the "just buy a PC theory now" !
    Shneeb108 (Peter Stefani) i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2x8 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff / RacingSIMTools.com - Member / GTR_Legion - Member

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    I'm starting to buy into the "just buy a PC theory now" !
    But then you have to upgrade it every couple years..... or earlier....
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    Just a little further info on what was going on last night for myself and others on the vanilla One.

Very strange unexplained spins for no apparent reason.. with the lightest of applications of throttle or brake and often while just going in a straight line the car would do something unexpected and you would lose control as it lurched towards a barrier or went into a spin and some of these would be followed by that odd floating / sliding motion with the car heading slowly and uncontrollably towards the barriers ending up with damage. I think this happened to me more than anyone and in my practice with Karl I didn't get beyond the first sector once in 40 minutes of trying. Several times the unexpected spins would also be preceded by a slight bump as though you had gone over a piece of debris or something on the track or that someone had driven into the back of you. Karl also experienced this too. What was even odder with those incidents was that it resulted in the wheels weight\FFB changing

Sgt can you confirm that you have experienced none of these issues the rest of us (and especially me it seems) were suffering from last night or any other time for that matter?
    I haven't had FFB problems but my wheel has very little of it to begin with (Thrustmaster 458 Spider). I have little tiny snippits of the wheels just straightening out for no reason but it seems to correct itself much easier than the Vannila One with almost no effect on my driving.

An example that I have on tape of it being worse would be during the race and at the end of the French GrandPrix at Rouen. After I'm done with the first couple of donuts at the end, i'm turning to the left and moving forward through a puddle but my wheels straighten out even though im still holding the wheel to the left. I had to re-imput the controls multiple times for the game to reconize that I wanted to go left. My guess it was so bad because we were on the track tyre

SKIP TO 28:00 mins in

https://youtu.be/w1GaHiWjYOM
    Last edited by Sgt Formula 1; 18-05-2018 at 02:32.
    MY SIM CAR

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Formula 1 View Post
    I haven't had FFB problems but my wheel has very little of it to begin with (Thrustmaster 458 Spider). I have little tiny snippits of the wheels just straightening out for no reason but it seems to correct itself much easier than the Vannila One with almost no effect on my driving.

An example that I have on tape of it being worse would be during the race and at the end of the French GrandPrix at Rouen. After I'm done with the first couple of donuts at the end, i'm turning to the left and moving forward through a puddle but my wheels straighten out even though im still holding the wheel to the left. I had to re-imput the controls multiple times for the game to reconize that I wanted to go left. My guess it was so bad because we were on the track tyre

SKIP TO 28:00 mins in

https://youtu.be/w1GaHiWjYOM
    That is a strange thing with your wheel, but i think it might be more wheel related than game related. Peter used a Spider when he first got the Xbox one. Not sure if he ever had issues like that though. I'm sure he'll pipe in with comment tomorrow though.