Thread: Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia non support

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia non support

Good day. I have recently purchased the Project Cars-2 game and I am experiencing problems with the steering on this game. My Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel works perfectly on Project Cars-1 but has no steering on the later game. I have tried everything besides uninstalling the game. I purchased it online through steam and do not have an installation file saved anywhere.
    The game ?sees? the wheel while running the calibration, but when I start a race the car goes straight with no response from the wheel. Throttle and brakes work fine.
    Are there new drivers to download to accommodate this game?
    Please assist as this game cost me a lot of money.

Other details:
    Platform: PC
    Response from Thrustmaster

"As mentioned, we highly recommend that you test the wheel's hardware operation, so you can be sure that the product is fully functional.

With regards to the game itself, there is not much that we can do to assist you, as everything game-related falls onto the game developer. We can only suggest that you search the game's forums to see if anyone else has been having the same issue and if they were somehow able to resolve it."

"If you are referring to the Ferrari 458 Italia for PC and Xbox 360, be informed that there is no firmware package which you may update for this wheel.
    Also, a firmware update would not impact the wheel's capability to steer in a specific game, as the game developer decides and ensures the wheel's compatibility with their game (unless the problem is hardware).
    If the wheel works fine in another game, then the product is not experiencing any issues product-related and it is fully functional hardware-wise.
    You can test its hardware functionality by accessing the Game Controllers panel:
    1. Simultaneously press the WINDOWS+R keys on your keyboard;
    2. Type in the RUN window "joy.cpl";
    3. The name of your product should appear with the status "OK";
    4. Click on the Properties button to test your product's hardware functionality.

If the issue persists only in one game, it is not reflected in the Control Panel, nor any other games, please contact the game's developer for a troubleshooting and confirmation that the game offers support for your wheel."

Can somebody PLEASE help me get in contact with the game developers.?If they cant fix it, then I want my money back!

Quote Originally Posted by markcollenryan View Post
    Good day. I have recently purchased the Project Cars-2 game and I am experiencing problems with the steering on this game. My Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel works perfectly on Project Cars-1 but has no steering on the later game. I have tried everything besides uninstalling the game. I purchased it online through steam and do not have an installation file saved anywhere.
    The game ?sees? the wheel while running the calibration, but when I start a race the car goes straight with no response from the wheel. Throttle and brakes work fine.
    Are there new drivers to download to accommodate this game?
    Please assist as this game cost me a lot of money.

Other details:
    Platform: PC
    Response from Thrustmaster

"As mentioned, we highly recommend that you test the wheel's hardware operation, so you can be sure that the product is fully functional.

With regards to the game itself, there is not much that we can do to assist you, as everything game-related falls onto the game developer. We can only suggest that you search the game's forums to see if anyone else has been having the same issue and if they were somehow able to resolve it."

"If you are referring to the Ferrari 458 Italia for PC and Xbox 360, be informed that there is no firmware package which you may update for this wheel.
    Also, a firmware update would not impact the wheel's capability to steer in a specific game, as the game developer decides and ensures the wheel's compatibility with their game (unless the problem is hardware).
    If the wheel works fine in another game, then the product is not experiencing any issues product-related and it is fully functional hardware-wise.
    You can test its hardware functionality by accessing the Game Controllers panel:
    1. Simultaneously press the WINDOWS+R keys on your keyboard;
    2. Type in the RUN window "joy.cpl";
    3. The name of your product should appear with the status "OK";
    4. Click on the Properties button to test your product's hardware functionality.

If the issue persists only in one game, it is not reflected in the Control Panel, nor any other games, please contact the game's developer for a troubleshooting and confirmation that the game offers support for your wheel."

Can somebody PLEASE help me get in contact with the game developers.?If they cant fix it, then I want my money back!

Which wheel have you actually got, the xbox 360 compatible version or a TX base with the italia wheel ?

Either way, make sure you have unticked all the options in Steam -> Settings -> controller -> General Controller settings

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad