Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PCars 1 GOTY difference, is my copy fake?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Anybody?
    I'm only about 10 seconds away from giving this PS4 away and moving to Xbox !!
    If I find out the Play Store is to blame, I'm guna be an exPS4 owner this time tomorrow!

Please help.
    Thanks.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeamti View Post
    I'm told the play store is off line or something?
    Will that stop the code working?
    The game was sealed and appeared new when I had it.
    How did you enter the code, that's only possible if the store is online? Which it is.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    .... I have two PCars icons, both look exactly the same and the PS4 says "Project cars" when I select them (no GOTY).
    Uninstall the original PC1, or better both. Having 2 Versions of one game installed can lead to confusion.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Anyway, I've put that 12 digit code into the PS store and it is coming up as "invalid code".
    Did you actually manage to enter the code without getting this message? If not, forward a screenshot to the seller and ask for advise.
    In case he still claim's that the code was never used before, contact Sony to find out if this is the truth.

Platform
    PC
    Anybody?
    I'm only about 10 seconds away from giving this PS4 away and moving to Xbox !!
    If I find out the Play Store is to blame, I'm guna be an exPS4 owner this time tomorrow!

Please help.
    Thanks.
    The most important thing is to have a bit more patient my friend. Take a deep breath and relax a bit.
    I'm not a PS4 owner, but there are enough PS4 owners here who are gonna help you.
    MSI TRIDENT-014EU specs : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 64 bit
    Thrustmaster TX base | F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim | T3PA pedals | Playseat Evolution Alcantara | Panasonic 50" 4K TV

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    It would seem the Play Store is down and this maybe the problem with the "invalid code" ??

I have accused the seller of selling me a counterfeit game (or pre-used code) when in actual fact, this may not be the case?

The problem may just be the Play Store being off line? Apparently, according to the people in this house that can use the internet better than me, the Play Store has been broken for the past 4 weeks !!!!!

I come from the days of games coming in a cartridge and working straight out the box!

Could this whole situation be Play Stores fault?

Thanks,

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Could be yes...i'm at work right now but about to head home so i'll check with you later..
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858

Platform
    PC
    Here is a link where you can see the status of the playstation network : http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/playstation-network
    This link is from the UK, you can see in a lot of countries the network is down.

When the playstation network is back, try to enter your code again and it probably will work.
    MSI TRIDENT-014EU specs : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 64 bit
    Thrustmaster TX base | F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim | T3PA pedals | Playseat Evolution Alcantara | Panasonic 50" 4K TV
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    The Playstation Servers are having issues today that is true. I can assure you that no company be it nintendo, sony or microsoft would 'survive' with it's online store being 'broken' for 4 weeks. I regularly use my PS4 and I know for sure that the Playstation servers and all of its components are online and stable 99% of the time.
    If anyone disagrees with me on this one then sorry but this has been my experience as a day one owner of a PS4.

Now, in your case: usually if something is wrong with the PS Servers you would not be able to enter the PS Store alltogether. Nevertheless there are issues this afternoon so I suggest you to keep calm, drink a tea and try it again in 24 hours.
    If you do have the same issue then contact the retailer.
    But please do realise that it is your own fault for not buying the game from a certified retailer or even from the PS Store. There is no need to blame it on the 'complicated', which it really isn't, system.
    As I said, try it again in 24 hour if not contact ebay and go through with claiming your money back.

Just as a fun fact. I have 2 friends that own a Xbox one and more then a handful that own a PS4. I can assure you that the Xbox system is more complicated, this being stated not only by me but also by the 2 mentioned xbox owners I know.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps.../1100-6456388/
    Last edited by V3nom; 28-01-2018 at 16:59.

Kart Driver
    Too old to try and understand PSN, yet can negotiate forums and raise complaints with PayPal etc... The chances of a fake ps4 game, sealed, that installs and works are near enough nil. Invest the effort in using what you have bought rather than causing a legitimate seller problems is my advice.
    The following user likes this Post: RoccoTTS