Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 488 GT3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    on the ferrari gt3 it is important that you set the rear wing 3 clicks higher than the front. if front aero is set more than 1, sudden oversteers is mostly the reason during braking and turn in. if this is not solving the issue try following steps :
    -decrease diff coast to 25, power 55-65, preload 100, 4 clutches
    -decrease brake pressure
    -move brake bias 1-2 % more to front. us 57/43% always as reference.
    -soften front bar and maybe increase front rebound.
    -go with rear toe more to positive. excessive toe can cause sudden oversteer to.

I'm driving in an international GT3 league with the 488 no. 63 and I'm actually on equal level with the fastest drivers. I'm driving in long beach 1.18.5 b.e. good luck.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbart_uk View Post
    Decrease your diff coast locking. This will make the car more stable off throttle. It sounds like you have too much rotation going into the corner. The next thing to change is brake bias/pressure. More towards the front. Then if its still a problem increase engine braking or change gear ratios so there is not as much difference between the revs of the gear you're in and the gear you're changing too.
    I use a controller with this game. Do you have a good Differntial setting?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    I use a controller with this game. Do you have a good Differntial setting?
    Clutch 4, pre 80, coast 50, power 55.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    with coast 50 you have to much oversteer off throttle, under braking believe me. in 99% while driving you brake only on the straight, so it doesn't make sense to have a open diff. 50 makes only sense when you are braking a lot whilst you driving through curves. i always have coast of 25-30 in the ferrari, on other cars too, and i never have such oversteers LSD related.

50 or higher makes maybe sense when the track is wet otherwise it's only forcing oversteer off throttle.

with preload you adjust the over/understeering off throttle in the middle of curve. increase goes more towards understeer, decrease oversteer. coast controls over-/understeer at the curve entry and off throttle (braking). more open (90) you have more oversteer. same philosophy works on power which controls over-/understeer on turn exit. this is how a diff works.

takes the values which I gave in my 1st reply as reference, most of time you only have to make minor changes. as wider the curves are on a track as more you go towards 25 according above mentioned explanations.

before you make changes on the diff you have first to make the adjustments on bars, toe and suspension. with the diff settings you make finally the fine tune. hope it will helps you and i could answering some questions.
    Last edited by thydney1970; 04-02-2018 at 08:56.
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PS4
    I use my diff numbers with my suspension and alignment.
    The only time I get off-throttle oversteer is when I trail brake too hard too late, which will give me oversteer regardless of how locked/open my diff is.

Upside to the 50 coast is it gives me enough locking to be stable, not too much locking to cause understeer.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

WMD Member
    A coast of 20-30 will give you insane understeer on turn in and you'll never go fast like that. It will delay how soon you can get on the power...you should only ever go that low if you're on a gamepad. And the diff you can change first not last...as you will know what kind of diff you like after driving a few cars. I always change the diff to 45/65 before I've even driven the car as I know default diff setting are very understeery. The diff is probably the most important setting...its not for fine tuning
    Last edited by sbart_uk; 04-02-2018 at 12:23.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Guys a lot of different answers here. What setting is good? Is 60 35 good?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    This is messing with my brain. Need to ask if I understand it correct:

(I need to try to keep it as basic as possible, but still directionally correct...I've read, and re-read all the other detailed posts on this, but unfortunately it's just difficult for me to put all the pieces together. Certainly they did help, but I'm struggling to figure out the jump to calculus, when I'm just getting comfortable with basic multiplication and division)

Please let me know if I have it correct or wrong

POWER
    - lower value means more oversteer whenever you are on the throttle. I think I understand this one reasonably OK. Let's see...

COAST
    - lower value means you will have less possibility of the back end stepping out when decelerating, coasting, or braking.
    - but the cost of this is that it will also impact the way the car turns in, and if it's too low it will kind of push the car and result in more understeer and tend to drift wide. You don't get that immediate turn in when you want it.

PRELOAD
    - if I read correctly, you can use this to somehow find some balance, particularly mid-curve or during the transition between coast and power, or power and coast.
    - lower numbers increase the tendency for oversteer.
    - higher numbers increase the tendency for understeer.

Did I even get close?

If I did then, I would interpret that:
    - power is probably the first to set, to get comfortable with the amount of oversteer on power.
    - then, you probably set coast, trying to keep it as high as you are comfortable with, even if it still results in a bit of problems under braking. You don't want it too low because even if it keeps the rear end under control when breaking, it results in understeer later in the corner or on exit. So the target would be to find the highest value that you're still barely ok under braking.
    - when you find that, I guess you can fine-tune it with the preload? which will mostly impact how the car behaves mid corner, or under transition of power. If you have a bit too much understeer, then decrease the pre-load a bit?

Thanks for the ongoing and helpful education to all....
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PS4
    Ye, that's about the gist of it.
    Low ramp angle basically pushes the clutches harder.

I personally adjust pre-load so that at the slowest, sharpest corner the pre-load doesn't hinder me with understeer.

If you want to see the effect of a locked diff turn on the spool. That's basically what happens when you have low ramp angles (locked diff).

Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    Guys a lot of different answers here. What setting is good? Is 60 35 good?
    depends on the rest of your tune. If you're super late and rough on the turn-in, low coast angle will often stabilise the car.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Ye, that's about the gist of it.
    If that's in reply to my understanding, then I am amazed. And, I thank you.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300