Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Ferrari 488 GT3

  1. #21
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post

    Did I even get close?
    Yep, You've basically got it..the only thing I would suggest is set the coast first so you are hitting apex's and can get the power down earlier. Then adjust the power to get the rotation/acceleration you want when on the power.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, hkraft300, ShneebnaMRR108


  2. #22
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    209
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Ye, that's about the gist of it.
    Low ramp angle basically pushes the clutches harder.

    I personally adjust pre-load so that at the slowest, sharpest corner the pre-load doesn't hinder me with understeer.

    If you want to see the effect of a locked diff turn on the spool. That's basically what happens when you have low ramp angles (locked diff).



    depends on the rest of your tune. If you're super late and rough on the turn-in, low coast angle will often stabilise the car.
    45 30?

  3. #23
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,015
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    If I did then, I would interpret that:
    - power is probably the first to set, to get comfortable with the amount of oversteer on power.
    - then, you probably set coast, trying to keep it as high as you are comfortable with, even if it still results in a bit of problems under braking. You don't want it too low because even if it keeps the rear end under control when breaking, it results in understeer later in the corner or on exit. So the target would be to find the highest value that you're still barely ok under braking.
    - when you find that, I guess you can fine-tune it with the preload? which will mostly impact how the car behaves mid corner, or under transition of power. If you have a bit too much understeer, then decrease the pre-load a bit?
    I think you got everything in your post right, apart from the part in bold. Coast normally should only affect behavior under braking, definitely not on corner exit (when you're in the accelerating phase). After braking, it's preload that prevails, although depending on how it is modeled in the game, maybe coast might have a small impact here as well. But it's main impact is for braking, so it greatly affects the ability to trail brake.

    About preload, I think one of the best ways to feel the difference it makes, is to practice at Watkins Glen, in the esses. There you have a very abrupt and quick transition from braking to a little throttle after the first S back to braking for the second S and then throttle again within moments, where the preload makes a big difference. Try with a small value at first, see how unstable the car is in this transition, while a higher value will make it a lot more stable but less maneuverable. After several tries, find your sweet spot.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, charliev69


  4. #24
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,015
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    I use a controller with this game. Do you have a good Differntial setting?
    There is no magic value, it's what makes you personally comfortable with. It also depends a lot on other setup settings. For example traction control, if you don't use it at all, or you have it in very low mode (so high setting in the % setup value), increasing the angle on the power diff will help you keeping the car under control more easily when accelerating on exiting corners. But if you use for example 10% traction control slip or less, you can easily decrease the power diff angle to get better turn in. Similar for coast and preload, it depends how much you can use a lot for example on your brake pressure and bias setting.

    And most importantly, it all depends also a lot on your driving style, on how comfortable you are with your controller device and on your current skill. Three months ago I could handle some specific values for the diff, but right now after I have put a lot more practice, I can handle/prefer and use different ones. So I think it's just better to try for yourself and see what fits you. Try large values, try small values and one in between and see what you are most comfortable with. After putting some more hours of practice, repeat to see if there are different values that suit you now.
    The following user likes this Post: Jetsun


  5. #25
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    209
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I think you got everything in your post right, apart from the part in bold. Coast normally should only affect behavior under braking, definitely not on corner exit (when you're in the accelerating phase). After braking, it's preload that prevails, although depending on how it is modeled in the game, maybe coast might have a small impact here as well. But it's main impact is for braking, so it greatly affects the ability to trail brake.

    About preload, I think one of the best ways to feel the difference it makes, is to practice at Watkins Glen, in the esses. There you have a very abrupt and quick transition from braking to a little throttle after the first S back to braking for the second S and then throttle again within moments, where the preload makes a big difference. Try with a small value at first, see how unstable the car is in this transition, while a higher value will make it a lot more stable but less maneuverable. After several tries, find your sweet spot.
    Yeah, all i need are a few adjustments in the differential setting. I think the Ferrari will be good there. A good reason why my lap times suffer.

  6. #26
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,015
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    Yeah, all i need are a few adjustments in the differential setting. I think the Ferrari will be good there. A good reason why my lap times suffer.
    I don't think you can get much raw lap time from the diff, but it can help you a lot to be more consistent lap over lap. For lap time, I would guess it can give a few tenths, due to a good diff setting making it easier to trail brake more easily and having a slightly better corner exit speed.
    The following user likes this Post: Jetsun


  7. #27
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    209
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I don't think you can get much raw lap time from the diff, but it can help you a lot to be more consistent lap over lap. For lap time, I would guess it can give a few tenths, due to a good diff setting making it easier to trail brake more easily and having a slightly better corner exit speed.
    I wish i could tune to how i like to drive.

  8. #28
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I don't think you can get much raw lap time from the diff, but it can help you a lot to be more consistent lap over lap. For lap time, I would guess it can give a few tenths, due to a good diff setting making it easier to trail brake more easily and having a slightly better corner exit speed.
    Sorry but thats wrong...The diff will give more laptime than pretty much any other setting. If the diffs wrong no other setting will fix it as it has a massive effect on the cars rotation on and off the throttle. Also this trail braking thing i see all the time is rubbish.... 90% of the time if you're trail braking you're simply just wasting time where you could have already been on the throttle instead of still braking.

  9. #29
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    209
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbart_uk View Post
    Sorry but thats wrong...The diff will give more laptime than pretty much any other setting. If the diffs wrong no other setting will fix it as it has a massive effect on the cars rotation on and off the throttle. Also this trail braking thing i see all the time is rubbish.... 90% of the time if you're trail braking you're simply just wasting time where you could have already been on the throttle instead of still braking.
    i'll be honest, i don't know what advance i should use. All i know is, i'm on a controller, and i need every good tuning i can. I'm already at a disadvantage with a controller.

  10. #30
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,015
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    i'll be honest, i don't know what advance i should use. All i know is, i'm on a controller, and i need every good tuning i can. I'm already at a disadvantage with a controller.
    I am not using a pad, but I think what's most important is to setup best the pad itself (sensitivity etc) so you are comfortable with it in the game, so maybe you should follow the threads on that matter. Regarding the diff, I guess you'd likely prefer stability, so high power angle, low coast angle and high preload. But there are some very fast pad users who can do with default more or less diff settings, that's why I think setting up your controller's parameters nicely is most important.

Similar Threads

  1. Ferrari GT3 like GT1
    By JHONLEROLERO in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2017, 06:28
  2. Can we get the Ferrari dlc pack first???
    By Roushman624 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 27-10-2017, 18:33
  3. Ferrari 488 GTE
    By Stewy32 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-06-2017, 04:16
  4. Ferrari F1 Rim
    By itzhipno in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 20-07-2016, 23:30
  5. Thrustmaster TX with Ferrari F1 rim
    By ApexReplicas in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-05-2015, 03:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •