differences in graphical modes

Is there a ps4 manual available?
    I'd like an in-depth explanation of the three graphical modes

resolution
    framerates
    visual improvements

I'm on ps4pro on a 1080p tv

thx
    The following 4 users likes this Post: FACE2LEMURIEN, IceShaft, TheBaldReverend, Tom_2475221

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Why in depth?

Resolution = 1440p and downsampled to 1080p if no 4k TV
    Framerates = Locked 60fps
    Visual Improvement = Better textures, better AF on puddles - What it does not do better compared to Resolution is improve the jaggies so weirdly "Visual Improvement" looks alot worse than "Resolution"
    The following user likes this Post: Roushman624

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I am on PS4 Pro with a 4K Tv and tried a lot, comparing the 3 settings and, honestly, I see no difference.
    The framerate setting might be higher framerate but was not interesting for me as I hoped to get rid of the AA problem and get better textures. So I tried Visuals and Resolution, comparing screenshots a lot and was
    - looking for better resolution (less jaggies and clearer, more sharper textures like the meters in cockpit)
    - or better Visuals (higher res textures, maybe also better AA, more details on trackside like grass, more bushes etc)
    Conclusion was I saw nothing different or better with ech of them.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Resolution looks much better for me although that could be due to the downsampling to 1080p which certainly helps a bit with the jaggies so it could be that resolution on a 4k screen aint that great if thats what you use?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I also got the impression from comments that the settings have less improvement on 4K Screens. Wonder if the next patch will make some changes in AA and graphics still.
    The following user likes this Post: Roushman624

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    On the xbx the differences are very clear and I am very surprised that those above say they cant see a difference.

Visuals - middling res, car lodding near zero, longest draw distance for grass, best reflections / shadows, best wheel models, middle aliasing, some tearing. 1440p reported, appears to scale.

Resolution ( i use)- clear res is better, lodding visible, simple wheel models, least aliasing, reduced shadow detail, reflections, rarely tears,
    1600p reported, appears to scale with load.

Frame rate - Never tears, some lodding, most aliasing, clearly lowest res, 1080p looks locked.

IIRC, some tests I saw showed the ps4p scaled similarly to the xbx but at a slightly lower res for each setting, digital foundry tests I think.

This is my subjective impression on a 1080p tv. I sit with my screen behind the wheel in my rig so perhaps my closeness helps me see more of the differences.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Observation:
    You are not on a PS4 Pro, neither on a 4K screen, so this may not apply to your setup, since they are talking from a PS4 Pro and 4K perspective. (and you have X1X and 1080p)

The above talked about not seeing a difference on 4K screen, but others see a difference on a 1080p.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriig View Post
    Observation:
    You are not on a PS4 Pro, neither on a 4K screen, so this may not apply to your setup, since they are talking from a PS4 Pro and 4K perspective. (and you have X1X and 1080p)

The above talked about not seeing a difference on 4K screen, but others see a difference on a 1080p.
    Yesss, I know. You are quibbling I suggest.
    The scaling algorithms and differences are comparable and the op is on a 1080p.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    On the xbx the differences are very clear and I am very surprised that those above say they cant see a difference.

Visuals - middling res, car lodding near zero, longest draw distance for grass, best reflections / shadows, best wheel models, middle aliasing, some tearing. 1440p reported, appears to scale.

Resolution ( i use)- clear res is better, lodding visible, simple wheel models, least aliasing, reduced shadow detail, reflections, rarely tears,
    1600p reported, appears to scale with load.

Frame rate - Never tears, some lodding, most aliasing, clearly lowest res, 1080p looks locked.

IIRC, some tests I saw showed the ps4p scaled similarly to the xbx but at a slightly lower res for each setting, digital foundry tests I think.

This is my subjective impression on a 1080p tv. I sit with my screen behind the wheel in my rig so perhaps my closeness helps me see more of the differences.
    I'm on the X and I can barely see differences between resolution and visuals. Hopefully the jaggies will be better on visuals in the next patch.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Speaks for it self that's there on the info on pc2 to each mode.To see the difference then your eyes seeing if better or not.