Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    At least Assassins Creed is a genre of it's own. FPS shooters have only been graphically polished the last 25 years, I can't understand why people still play those. Was never interesting in the first place.
    Well that is also where Far Cry separates itself from the rest of the pack as it is one of a few open world shooters. But I hear ya, I’m starting to get fed up with the vanilla heavily scripted tunnelized COD shooters lately. Even though I enjoyed 2016’s Infinite Warfare to some extent, it also feels as if you are just watching an interactive movie. The open world of a Far Cry game and the freedom on how to play (stealth vs sniper vs heavy guns vs vehicles) is something special.

Granted Far Cry 5 does seem to be very similar to FC3 & FC4 in gameplay but I don’t think that is necessary a bad thing. We’re 2018 now and FC4 already dates back to 2014, that 4 year gap will give FC5 a refreshing feel as well. Remember that people in general don’t play this straight after FC4 but more after CoD WW II, BF1, Overwatch, Doom, Wolfenstein II, TitanFall II and the likes.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    And then there's the fire, sometimes you have to let out your inner pyromaniac and I don't think there is any better game for it than Far Cry
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Invincible, Konan

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Well that is also where Far Cry separates itself from the rest of the pack as it is one of a few open world shooters. But I hear ya, I’m starting to get fed up with the vanilla heavily scripted tunnelized COD shooters lately. Even though I enjoyed 2016’s Infinite Warfare to some extent, it also feels as if you are just watching an interactive movie. The open world of a Far Cry game and the freedom on how to play (stealth vs sniper vs heavy guns vs vehicles) is something special.

Granted Far Cry 5 does seem to be very similar to FC3 & FC4 in gameplay but I don’t think that is necessary a bad thing. We’re 2018 now and FC4 already dates back to 2014, that 4 year gap will give FC5 a refreshing feel as well. Remember that people in general don’t play this straight after FC4 but more after CoD WW II, BF1, Overwatch, Doom, Wolfenstein II, TitanFall II and the likes.
    It wasn't even meant that negative about FPS's specifically, but I'm quite fed up with people being all kinds of negative about AC when it's clearly not their genre. I've never been let down by a main line AC release ever(don't like the 2D ones and Liberation HD is a bit moot). It's the same people that say the present day stuff in AC should go. But without the present day stuff you'd cut out what is the raison d'etre of the series and reduce it into a stupid slasher game.

I could list endless game genres that I can't be bothered with(including strategy(with a special mention for turn based)). But I don't go into their threads that they should stop making them, quite the opposite everyone can enjoy what they want.

And back to topic, if I were to buy any FPS soon, the only one worth buying I could think of is one of the Far Cry series(I don't have 4 and Primal yet and Primal sounds very interesting).
    Last edited by MaximusN; 13-02-2018 at 08:18.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper

/
    // MaximusDoriftus (Steam))

The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Personally i found Primal quite boring...only played about half an hour and couldn't be bothered to stick with it to find out if it would become more exciting...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Personally i found Primal quite boring...only played about half an hour and couldn't be bothered to stick with it to find out if it would become more exciting...
    I think Primal was an interesting concept which they should have fleshed out a bit more and probably shouldn't have been called a Far Cry, I think people were expecting a bit more from it

And recycling the map from Far Cry 4, which whilst i think it was a cool idea to have the ancient version of the map, did seem like a cheap move to a lot of people
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Invincible, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Does anyone know if they finally got rid of these drug/vision/epiphany sequences in FC 5? I hated these in 3 and 4. I don't want to fight stupid shadows and monsters which exist only in the imagination of the character
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA≤ GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan, Rambo_Commando

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Does anyone know if they finally got rid of these drug/vision/epiphany sequences in FC 5? I hated these in 3 and 4. I don't want to fight stupid shadows and monsters which exist only in the imagination of the character
    Haven't seen them yet....as if that's saying anything of course...
    Hated those also BTW...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Superkart Pilot
    Ha-ha, Shangri-La in Montana
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Got it ďfreeĒ with the ps4 pro at the time but could not get in to. Sold the game after a few hours playing.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Pretty good review, not sure if posted already
    https://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-5-is...ver-the-place/
    LOL at Killer Turkey.

Overall Not super exciting,
    But the storytelling adornments and the decorative Montana setting is totally unconvincing. I donít feel like Iím somewhere in America, I feel like Iím somewhere in a Far Cry video game, with the usual snarky Far Cry attitude and so-droll-itís-barely-there social commentary. Am I in the Himalayas or Montana? Doesnít matter because the bears chase the same bait. This studio is great at guns and mountains and off-the-chain wildlife but I donít know whether it can cope with storytelling.
    But there is nothing coming out any time soon in shooters with campaign department, the next one is BO IV, but it's far, far away.
    Hope it's not completely botched as Wildlands.
    BTW, FC3 Classic included with Season Pass is not remaster as you would think, just re-release, guess for current gen consoles, i.e. irrelevant for PC. Pretty sad as it could use some freshening up.
    http://gamerheadquarters.com/news/fa...aremaster.html
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp