Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I like the removal of the mini map as well. For all I care those giant blue arrows pointing over the roads can go as well! I will turn those off for sure if possible since they are really braking immersion IMO.

As for what attracts me the most to the game I think itís the beautiful landscape and really great graphics engine (lots of photogrammetry used as well as a really great lighting engine - unlike FC4). But graphics alone donít make a great game, luckily the gameplay looks fun as well, very similar to previous FC so it feels familiar, but improved.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Innerspace HQ, Konan, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MillsLayne View Post
    Or, they could just give people the option of that or incorporate that into the different difficulty settings. I honestly like having the map because I'm too lazy, but that also doesn't mean that I don't take in my surroundings, especially when approaching enemy camps.
    Aye, I mean options are always good. Allow people to play how they wish, but, maybe you pay just as much attention with a mini map but I totally don't and I think plenty of others are in that same boat - a lot of people's eyes will be drawn to the mini map and distracting you from finding your own markers. It's kinda like using the racing line, have the option for it but ultimately I find it a distraction once I learn my way round. Mini maps can be a total distraction at times too, it encourages less looking around if you know where something is.

A lot of games already do have the option to switch off mini maps I believe, I wasn't actually saying I want all games to remove it without giving the player an option. Just that I'm of a similar mind to KH about it. I'm pro-choice though!
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    I like the removal of the mini map as well. For all I care those giant blue arrows pointing over the roads can go as well! I will turn those off for sure if possible since they are really braking immersion IMO.

As for what attracts me the most to the game I think it’s the beautiful landscape and really great graphics engine (lots of photogrammetry used as well as a really great lighting engine - unlike FC4). But graphics alone don’t make a great game, luckily the gameplay looks fun as well, very similar to previous FC so it feels familiar, but improved.
    I hate big obvious markers. Way to ruin immersion! I kinda like the way Rare are treating Sea Of Thieves in that regard. They made natural feeling systems and allowed players to learn it themselves. Things feel natural, no big arrows or flashing crap anywhere.
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerspace HQ View Post
    I hate big obvious markers. Way to ruin immersion! I kinda like the way Rare are treating Sea Of Thieves in that regard. They made natural feeling systems and allowed players to learn it themselves. Things feel natural, no big arrows or flashing crap anywhere.
    Yeah and a fixed map you can find in your ship lower deck, good stuff!
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Innerspace HQ

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Yeah and a fixed map you can find in your ship lower deck, good stuff!
    Tis good stuff indeed. I've been in the Alpha for about 18 months or so. It's a fabulous game, the potential for hilarity is omnipresent. Yeah... it's all very natural immersion aaaaand it's really good to have Rare back at the fore. I've probably only relented on my FPS embargo because of stuff like SoT and recently Far Cry 5. COD etc, totally not for me.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Now this is a funny trailer...

AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Innerspace HQ, MillsLayne, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PS4
    I just pre-ordered on Amazon. A bit late, but I used my friend's Prime account, so I was able to get a discount. Also ordered Monster Hunter World with it because I don't have any friends that play Project CARS 2 or any other racing game but they play that. haha
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    WOOHOO!
    Just got an SMS from Game Mania that i can come pick up the game!
    Far Cry 5 here i come!

AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, breyzipp, John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    WOOHOO!
    Far Cry 5 here i come!

Spoiler alert!

I hear you can finish the game in ~10 minutes.
    Similarly to the alternative ending in Far Cry 4.

/Spoiler alert!
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    WOOHOO!
    Far Cry 5 here i come!

now you get to see what everyday life for me is like in the US hahaha
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: Konan