Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah but they all look silly IMO. I don’t want any American flags or church themes or dead reindeer heads in my living room.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This is also weird, according to the Ubisoft store it seems the physical Gold edition doesn’t have the soundtrack CD or the world map included where the physical Deluxe edition does have those. That makes that deluxe edition preorder from Game Mania a really good purchase Konan and like you said you can always buy the season pass later (and probably get the signature sniper rifle with it too).

I’m tempted to go for that one as well but.... disks
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I like discs...only because i'm a buy...play...resell...kinda guy.
    Except some exceptions i'll probably never sell...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I like discs...only because i'm a buy...play...resell...kinda guy.
    Except some exceptions i'll probably never sell...
    I’m exactly the opposite, I prefer to buy something to own it forever. I don’t have any subscription based things like Netflix, Apple Music or Microsoft’s monthly gaming subscription (which has become really interesting in recent news though). I’m more the type of guy that buys music, movies and games. I used to be all-out physical for all these media but in recent years started to change to digital purchases for music and games. For movies I still prefer to buy them physical.

Things might change in the future though because monthly subscription based services are probably the future. Just look at the success of Spotify and Netflix. It will only be a matter of time before we have something similar for games.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Far Cry 3 classic edition coming to current gen consoles for free for Far Cry 5 season pass holders (console only, no PC deal ). That means with the recent Far Cry 2 backwards compatibility for Xbox One every main Far Cry title apart from the original will be available on XBox One. Pretty nifty.

Far Cry 3 at the time was awesome and I think is the only Far Cry I ever finished completely. Far Cry 1 I came to near completion but I gave up on the boring indoor corridor sections with all the alien monsters after having so much fun in the tropical jungles and beaches.

The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Tank621

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Off topic: Red Dead Redemption II release date is out...

Oktober 26
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, lancashirelad, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Far Cry 3 classic edition coming to current gen consoles for free for Far Cry 5 season pass holders (console only, no PC deal ). That means with the recent Far Cry 2 backwards compatibility for Xbox One every main Far Cry title apart from the original will be available on XBox One. Pretty nifty.
    I'm always amazed how successful those FPS are on consoles. I tried to play a shooter with gamepad once and I failed miserably.
    It just felt so unnatural to me.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    I'm always amazed how successful those FPS are on consoles. I tried to play a shooter with gamepad once and I failed miserably.
    It just felt so unnatural to me.
    PC geek....LOL
    The following 2 users likes this Post: APR193, breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    PC geek....LOL
    Nah, I'm also regularly playing on PS4. But first person shooters? No way.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Nah, I'm also regularly playing on PS4. But first person shooters? No way.
    Well as a PC gamer my whole life except the last 3 years or so, I agree. Aiming/strafing with mouse and keyboard WASD style is incredible. I restarted playing Far Cry 4 now on XBox and I do have a bit of a struggle with the aiming to be honest (compared to PC years ago). But add in some aiming assist like for example the bows in Assassin's Creed Origins and all the struggle of fine-tuning that crosshair is gone without it feeling too easy or too much assisting, since in the end you still gotta point almost on top of it.

Console vs PC depends a lot on the genres. An RTS game just screams for PC, a racing game screams for console (without wheel peripherals that is, its mouse/keyboard vs controller). I was absolutely amazed how well Diablo III console version plays on the controller, it blows the PC controls out of the water IMO. And then there is also the additional liberty of lying stretched out in the sofa instead of having to sit up straight behind a computer desk. It really is the latter that made me shift from PC gaming to console gaming, the sheer freedom and luxury of my... couch. lol.

But I get ya, for some serious FPS gaming I prefer mouse/keyboard as well.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bealdor, John Hargreaves