Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: IT'S TAKING LONGER & LONGER TO START THE GAME

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12
    Platform
    PS4

    IT'S TAKING LONGER & LONGER TO START THE GAME

    Is it me, but it seems like the more setups you save, the longer the game takes to start, once you ok the START ENGINE button. Not criticising the game because it is quite simply a brilliant racing car game. Project Cars 1 and 2 Gives options to the player that all other games haven't entered into there plans, until now. Just for the record I'm playing on a PS4 Standard model. And come from the Space Invaders video game generation, so I know how much the industry has developed since then. Love and peace to all

    EDIT. Just deleted all saved setups and ghosts except 2 profile saves. Gone from over a minute wait time to 3 seconds, guess Im just an impatient bugger.... Alot of cars and tracks = alot of saved set ups = alot of waiting time.
    Last edited by Tobes; 12-02-2018 at 00:02.

  2. #2
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    153
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Is it me, but it seems like the more setups you save, the longer the game takes to start, once you ok the START ENGINE button. Not criticising the game because it is quite simply a brilliant racing car game. Project Cars 1 and 2 Gives options to the player that all other games haven't entered into there plans, until now. Just for the record I'm playing on a PS4 Standard model. And come from the Space Invaders video game generation, so I know how much the industry has developed since then. Love and peace to all
    Same of you (also regarding space invaders, pac man, galaga...). I solved it pragmatically deleting any time the set up I am not using.

  3. #3
    Kart Driver BionicBacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Western Canada (UTC -6DST/-7)
    Posts
    29
    Platform
    PS4
    I have also noticed this. Especially after a bug in TT where custom setups disappear and I exit the TT. Then the game freezes on the TT screen after clicking exit. I have to go to the PS home screen and close the application and restart. This is happening a LOT now in TT. Also, when I restart and go back to the TT and look to see if the setups have reappeared they are not there. Then, exit, freeze, repeat.
    PS ID: KingBukB
    PS4, T300 (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro, TH8A
    The following user likes this Post: Shogun613


  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    337
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicBacon View Post
    I have also noticed this. Especially after a bug in TT where custom setups disappear and I exit the TT. Then the game freezes on the TT screen after clicking exit. I have to go to the PS home screen and close the application and restart. This is happening a LOT now in TT. Also, when I restart and go back to the TT and look to see if the setups have reappeared they are not there. Then, exit, freeze, repeat.
    I had this exact issue over the weekend. I didn't know what else to do, so I deleted all of my save data and restarted the game. It seems to have fixed it, but I can see it becoming a problem when my saves pile up again.

  5. #5
    Kart Driver BionicBacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Western Canada (UTC -6DST/-7)
    Posts
    29
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun613 View Post
    I had this exact issue over the weekend. I didn't know what else to do, so I deleted all of my save data and restarted the game. It seems to have fixed it, but I can see it becoming a problem when my saves pile up again.
    I also deleted saved data but only ghost recordings. Also, it seems to help if you don't go straight to TT upon opening the game. So I just hit a private test session for a bit, then go to TT and it seems the combination is working.
    PS ID: KingBukB
    PS4, T300 (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro, TH8A
    The following user likes this Post: Shogun613


  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot fbetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    112
    I'm experiencing the same issue.

    The strange thing is I don't save setups because I always rewrite over the default setups.

    Is there any workaround? Obviously I don't want to loose my career progress.

  7. #7
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Düsseldorf
    Posts
    53
    Platform
    PS4
    Go to the Storage section of you PS4. It doesn't only store setups, but recordings of Ghosts as well. Basically delete everything but the player data and you should be fine.
    The following user likes this Post: fbetes


  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot fbetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by PulpDogg View Post
    Go to the Storage section of you PS4. It doesn't only store setups, but recordings of Ghosts as well. Basically delete everything but the player data and you should be fine.
    Thanks for your info (It worked!!!).

    One more question, take a look at my savedatas:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7025.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	201.6 KB 
ID:	250128

    I've my career progress and profile twice... can I delete one of them? I don't know why they're twice.
    Last edited by fbetes; 14-02-2018 at 15:24.

Similar Threads

  1. Game will no longer save and have lost all progress
    By Tas57 in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-08-2017, 23:48
  2. Game no longer starts
    By PDOGzCHILLIN in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-01-2016, 01:50
  3. New issue, Cannot stand this much longer, game now seems even worse!
    By bloopy66 in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-05-2015, 16:55
  4. Game reports Full or No Longer Available after an invite
    By seti007 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-05-2015, 20:00

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •