Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help! G920,og xbox serious clipping issue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Please help! G920,og xbox serious clipping issue

Hey guys I'm sure this has been posted in the forums before but I can not find the information I seek. The issue in having is the violent left/right clipping with more than 10 cars on track I was patiently waiting for the next patch but with a new league race this weekend and no sign of an upcoming patch I need to know if there is any known fix so that I can have my ffb without it trying to kill me on track thanks in advance for any help I receive

Platform
    XBOX1
    We have guys in our league with this issue. They have pulled out until it's fixed.
    Samsung 65" 4k TV, XB1X, Fanatec CSW V2, CSP V3, Xbox universal hub, Fanatec shifter, Fanatec handbrake, Vesaro gamer rig, Elite controller, Buttkicker gamer extreme, BBJ button box. Turtle beach XO4, Onkyo Dolby Atmos receiver, Onkyo Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 speakers,
    The following user likes this Post: Swamprat1993

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    What are your FFB settings, and what does the FFB widget in telemetry show when it's happening?

Clipping with FFB means that your wheel is being asked to produce more forces than it can handle and part of it is being cut off, so you are losing detail. If you are clipping, the furthest right bar in the FFB widget on telemetry will be filling up with red. I think you don't actually mean it like this though and probably mean something more like it's oscillating.

I've had something similar on my wheel but been able to tune it out with the settings. There are also some things with tires, like flatspots or uneven high pressures that have can cause pretty violent feedback. This doesn't sound like what you have, but you might still be able to adjust around it to at least make it usable for now.

I don't have your wheel, but if you post your settings, someone who does might see something you can adjust. It sounds like you are able to reproduce it pretty consistently with certain conditions so it might help them reproduce the issue if they have your settings.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I think your right to describe it as oscillation I'm still very new to both the wheel and sim racing so I wasn't sure how to describe it but the best way I can explain it is just a harsh back and forth shake like death wobble I will post my settings asap thanks for the input!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Configuration
    Steering dead zone 0
    Steering sensitivity 72
    Throttle dead zone 0
    Throttle sensitivity 25
    Brake deazone 0
    Brake sensitivity 25
    Clutch dead zone 0
    Clutch sensitivity 25
    Speed sensitivity 10
    Damper saturation 0
    Minimum shift time 1
    Rpm/gear display- yes
    Ffb
    Raw
    Also have tried turning gain down and have him as far down as 10 I found the oscillation was still there just less intense but wasn't able to drive with no weight in the wheel

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I drove pcars2 on xb1 untill a few weeks after xbx launch when I upgraded.

I found that pre all patches the ffb would become less informative and numb with over 15 to 18 cars, degrading to feeling like high force immersive ( awful) when over 25.

It was my understanding that this has been largely addressed by p3 after reading posts from some xb1 regulars. If more work is needed I am sure that the issue is recognized and is due to the psychics threads scaling down too far under load.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    try turning the FX to 0

and set Steering deadzone to 1

Platform
    XBOX1
    Try all three flavors to see which one you like best with the settings below.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you to all I will test each one to see if any rectify my issues

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Unfortunately these where not able to solve my issue and the car still feels numb and like it's on ice on top of my wheel issues I can only guess that until sms decide to optimize the game for the original xbox I will continually have this issue it's a real shame this game could have been amazing but poor implementation is really holding it back but thank you for your input and if anybody has any more suggestions I would appreciate it.