Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zakspeed Capri Tune question

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrown119 View Post
    I cannot even come close to duplicating my latest time. The side force is killing me on the inclines.
    Ok, sorry you are still having problems but lets try focusing on that 1:47.821 and see if you can get back there. How many laps do you run when you do a TT and what kind of tire temps/pressures are you getting at the end of a lap?
    This is your setup before you enter Turn 1 at the start of your TT run.(I downloaded your Ghost)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-01 15-48-11-53.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	247.3 KB 
ID:	249409
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pCARS2 2018-02-01 15-58-29-23.jpg  

Last edited by blinkngone; 01-02-2018 at 20:33.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: cbrown119

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hope you don't mind me stepping in, but I think the most important part to concentrate now is on improving the racing line and hitting the apexes, which will also help with carrying more speed through the corners. I followed your ghost and I am sure this is where you lose most of the time, missing some apexes. Btw, I am saying this being comfortable using a wheel, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to handle such a monster car with a pad...

But in any case, time improvement will come mostly by improving your lines, any way you can manage to do it. Maybe you'd like a few of the faster ghosts to help you visually in that.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cbrown119, Jetsun

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Hope you don't mind me stepping in, but I think the most important part to concentrate now is on improving the racing line and hitting the apexes, which will also help with carrying more speed through the corners. I followed your ghost and I am sure this is where you lose most of the time, missing some apexes. Btw, I am saying this being comfortable using a wheel, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to handle such a monster car with a pad...

But in any case, time improvement will come mostly by improving your lines, any way you can manage to do it. Maybe you'd like a few of the faster ghosts to help you visually in that.
    Thanks cpcdem, I was hoping you could help. I didn't want to ask because I have certainly bothered you enough.
    I think he is having a problem using the controller with this car. His description of the side force messing with him is something I don't experience with this car although I only drive ovals. The side force problem jerks his rear end to the right as far as I can tell from his description. He has only driven 3 cars according to the tracks tracked on the alt. Leaderboard. He made a good run but can't duplicate it. With a wheel doesn't the shifting tend to pull the rear end to the left when changing gears because of the physics? Could you see his rear end pulling to the right when you followed his ghost?
    Last edited by blinkngone; 01-02-2018 at 21:57.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    I can find many controller threads for XBOX and PS4 but none for PC, where do I look? Also, cbrown119 you are not alone.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1469913

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Couldn't see that, but then again with the ghosts those things are not always easily visible..

What I saw while driving this car, is that even in straight line it's hard to give full throttle, 1st and second gear I was giving 70%-80% max. But it allows a similar amount of throttle in turns as well, it's important to give it some to carry more speed.

I think the "side force" is exactly that, max acceleration in low gear. To @cbrown: don't worry about losing speed when you not put 100% throttle, put as much as the car can handle and you still get very good acceleration, at least this is what I saw. Sometimes you'll need to use counter steering and I am sure it's hard with a pad, but with more practice you'll handle it better.

Platform
    PC
    Couldn't see that, but then again with the ghosts those things are not always easily visible..

What I saw while driving this car, is that even in straight line it's hard to give full throttle, 1st and second gear I was giving 70%-80% max. But it allows a similar amount of throttle in turns as well, it's important to give it some to carry more speed.

I think the "side force" is exactly that, max acceleration in low gear. To @cbrown: don't worry about losing speed when you not put 100% throttle, put as much as the car can handle and you still get very good acceleration, at least this is what I saw. Sometimes you'll need to use counter steering and I am sure it's hard with a pad, but with more practice you'll handle it better.
    Hi, if you look at his first post he tried easier on the throttle "But, if I am more "delicate" with the acceleration, I keep the car under control-but loose a lot of time off my laps." so I think it must be something with his pad settings or FFB configuration. The car should kick/spin to left on the gas not right, I guess, it does for me. I'll try using the trail camera and see though.

EDIT, tried to lose it, the rear steps to left but if I do overcorrect(countersteer) a tad much it kicks back right and I can lose it. Maybe it is because I drive automatic that I don't experience the harshness you guys do.
    On the plus side, after I wrecked my car and I mean to the point I crashed the wall and went upside down, once I exited the game and restarted I am suddenly 0.038 faster than before so the mechanics must have done a great job rebuilding it.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 01-02-2018 at 23:57.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You can go full throttle in 1st/2nd gear and it's all ok to you? Especially in bumps I completely lose it this way...But with less throttle it's ok.

Platform
    PC
    You can go full throttle in 1st/2nd gear and it's all ok to you? Especially in bumps I completely lose it this way...But with less throttle it's ok.
    Yeah, on the straight section between the grandstands at Algarve. A standing start is difficult but at 18mph in 1st it is easier. When I lose it is always left then right. Yeah I can see where trying to manage the throttle through bumps and curves would be difficult but I think cbrown was saying it kicks on him at gear changes on straights but is more manageable in curves, the kick is what is slowing him down and frustrating him. He said at first reducing the clutches to 2 helped and he is already running a higher power ramp(75) so the only thing I can think of is to drop the preload from 90 down to 40 and see if that helps. If that doesn't work the only thing I can think of is turn on viscous LSD and set it down to around 80 and shut the Clutch LSD off.
    Here is what I came up with to reduce the kick, maybe.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-01 22-28-46-51.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	201.1 KB 
ID:	249437

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-01 22-31-36-07.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	249438
    Last edited by blinkngone; 02-02-2018 at 02:34.

WMD Member
    Wow, you guys are really putting a lot of effort into this. I really appreciate your time and thoughts about it!!

It's kinda a weird feeling when your ghost is being graded....who would've thunk?

You guys are absolutely right about my driving lines and missing the apexes. I consider myself an average driver on games and if I'm having a good run, I have the tendency to "choke" on the last turn and screw it all up....just like my favorite sports teams.

To answer one of your questions - I can do at best 3 laps during TT. Then I'll take a little break and try again. I'm not sure if there is tire wear on TT, because the fuel stays the same. But, I understand about warming up the tires - I usually have them at 25.

I'll give it go later today with more of your suggestions.

Thanks!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 Motherboard
    Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
    RAM 16 GB
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I know exactly what's happening I used the BMW in that series and it did the same, all I can suggest is that you short shift on the way out of the tight corners, those Group 5 cars are a handful! Although so far it's been my favourite series to race