Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zakspeed Capri Tune question

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Another aspect that you can look at, and if tyre longevity is not an issue is to increase the rear toe. By default on the Capri it's 0.3 I think. But if you increase this say initially to 0.5, this may be just enough to give you that extra stability. This shouldn't affect your cornering, but should aid the car somewhat in terms of straight-line stability, allowing you to get the power the down. Clearly you've got diff settings that give you what you need in terms of cornering. Another thought, have you considered dropping the tyre pressures at the rear just a smidge?

Also don't forget that peak power in the Capri is not at the red line. Somewhere around 9,200rpm is probably closer to the mark.
    The following user likes this Post: cbrown119

Platform
    PC
    Hi cbrown119, I don't know what controller you are using or if it even applies because it is addressing the xbox controller but read the description of the "jerk" when trying to countersteer described in this post.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1469980
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: cbrown119

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrown119 View Post
    You guys are absolutely right about my driving lines and missing the apexes. I consider myself an average driver on games and if I'm having a good run, I have the tendency to "choke" on the last turn and screw it all up....just like my favorite sports teams.
    Then I would suggest to for now forget about beating your previous time and concentrate on the lines and hitting the apexes. It's very hard to do that with such a car, so it needs a lot of practice. But once you're used to taking the corners well, I am sure then the improvement of lap times will come naturally.

Another thing, maybe it would be a good idea to first use a much easier and slower car in the same track to help you find where you should position the car at every corner. Then go back to the Capri, the previous knowledge should help you a lot.
    The following user likes this Post: Jetsun

WMD Member
    I tried a few laps today....just started from SMS's stable setup - reduced the clutch to 2 and increased the rear toe, as suggested above. I'm getting good consistent times - not 1:47.xxx, but close. Close enough. But I think increasing the rear toe did soften the kick so it is more manageable.

I'm extremely appreciative for everyone's input/suggestions! Good stuff. Good community.

Thanks
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 Motherboard
    Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
    RAM 16 GB
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    The following user likes this Post: Jetsun

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrown119 View Post
    I tried a few laps today....just started from SMS's stable setup - reduced the clutch to 2 and increased the rear toe, as suggested above. I'm getting good consistent times - not 1:47.xxx, but close. Close enough. But I think increasing the rear toe did soften the kick so it is more manageable.

I'm extremely appreciative for everyone's input/suggestions! Good stuff. Good community.

Thanks
    Hi, happy that you are making progress. As cpcdem noted you have picked a 3lb per horsepower monster with an old tech turbo kick to learn on so that you are sticking to it is remarkable.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Jetsun

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    So in our league we just did a Group 5 race at Road America. I took my base setup to the TT screen and managed a 2:06.300, and there's a bit of time still to be found, but for the PS4 I believe that that is now the fastest Gr. 5 time. Differences from the setup that I'll post below, closed brake ducts and radiato more, upped turbo to 100%, but other than that it's the following setup. But do note, that the tyres gain a lot of pressure due to the excessive toe settings I used. And the setup was created for cooler conditions and for a race of 30minutes duration.

On a side note, this car seems to like being coasted around corners. At least at Road America. If you're locking the brakes too easily, one of our other fast guys ran the brakes at 60%. Never went into the science properly regard to shift point, but anecdotally 9.5k RPM seemed to be the best shift point. With the toe settings as they are, it really lets you get quite aggresive with the throttle. The front end is still a bit off. But it's a quick setup that can certainly be tweaked by someone who can do this better than I do...

As always... YMMV.

Platform
    PC
    Hi kludgey, the TT WR for PC is a default run of 2:08.260. Your time is obviously in another league.

Platform
    PC
    I've only driven this car in the current Burnout event but I kept tuning my transmission so that the gears were a little taller and I could start to put the power down before the big turbo rush came on. That way I could start to accelerate while still cornering and by the time I was straight or nearly so that big turbo would kick in and off I'd go.
    "Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. .. But more important for me is that he was the most genuine person I have ever known." - Jody Scheckter